Healthy food doesnt fill me up

Options
13»

Replies

• romishin
    romishin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    When ur really hungry, have 2 eggs - it's a good idea to boil them too. eat them and then see how u feel. add a small snack like cheese or something if thats not enough
  • sarahlovesfood25
    sarahlovesfood25 Posts: 408 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Thnk u both
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    I agree you have to find what works for you. But for myself, if I ate Only the kind of foods you listed, my body would be crying for protein for at least 3 days before I caught up.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    foods that fill me up while not adding a ton of calories would include three main staples
    1. A 'huge; salad with added protein (nuts, ham, tuna, artificial crab meat or turkey), cheese, and eggs.
    2. An egg omelet with added veggies, ham.
    3. yogurt mixed with cottage cheese and fruit and some granola

• cronus70
    cronus70 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Also, are you drinking enough?
  • becgraceevemaggie
    becgraceevemaggie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    The other way to get full is to eat large quantities of very low calorie foods

Lettuce, cucumber - make a green salad to eat with meals

mushrooms - 100g is 10 cals, a typical punnet is 250g so for 25 cals you can fill the stomach

The other tip is psyllium. Psyllium swells in the stomach and is prove to help keep you full longer

http://www.ergo-log.com/psyllium-boosts-chance-of-successful-weight-loss.html

Swap the low fat yoghurts for either a high fat one or, preferably, a high protein one like Fage 0% fat

Make thick soups with lentils, beans, squashes, sweet potatoes, they will fill you up nicely

Skyr is another great source of protein and also low fat. Lovely mixed with half a mashed up banana.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I havnt got a problem with my calorie goal which is 1450 a day i just seem to hav my meals and not feel full
    But a problem with your calorie goal is exactly what you have if you don't feel full on those calories.

But as already said, the quality of those calories can be the real problem. You need good nutrition - nutritious, real food, not just junk or semi-junky food, in order to feel full.

And your interpretations and expectations of physical sensations can play a part in this.
  • Rickster1967
    Rickster1967 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    The other way to get full is to eat large quantities of very low calorie foods

Lettuce, cucumber - make a green salad to eat with meals

mushrooms - 100g is 10 cals, a typical punnet is 250g so for 25 cals you can fill the stomach

The other tip is psyllium. Psyllium swells in the stomach and is prove to help keep you full longer

http://www.ergo-log.com/psyllium-boosts-chance-of-successful-weight-loss.html

Swap the low fat yoghurts for either a high fat one or, preferably, a high protein one like Fage 0% fat

Make thick soups with lentils, beans, squashes, sweet potatoes, they will fill you up nicely

Skyr is another great source of protein and also low fat. Lovely mixed with half a mashed up banana.

I mentioned the Skyr in an earlier post on this thread, I eat it daily (well that or the Greek one)

It really is a superb food, eat plenty, fill up the tummy and few calories while providing great protein

banana got to many carbs for me, that's why I use berries (plus I like the hot / cold contrast)

Definitely a way superior option to low fat regular yoghurts
  • Rickster1967
    Options
    Looking for recipes and signing up for newsletters is a good way to get inspiration

Posts like this can help you come up with your menu. Slow cooker batching cooking has been a huge help for me, cook once, get 8 to 10 meals.

https://draxe.com/crockpot-soups/
  • sarahlovesfood25
    Options
    Thnx everyone from reading all the posts it sounds like im lacking protein & fibre so will add more of that to my diet..
    cant remember who asked but the answer is yes im drinking enough, i have 2-3litres of water a day plus other drinks throughout the day milk, sugar free soda
  • sarahlovesfood25
    Options
    And thnx rick for the link for the crock pot recipes, im gona start to do tht so i dont hav to cook everyday i can just take it out the freezer/ fridge :)
  • Rickster1967
    Options
    And thnx rick for the link for the crock pot recipes, im gona start to do tht so i dont hav to cook everyday i can just take it out the freezer/ fridge :)

yes!

use the recipe builder function in the app so you know how many calories are in the whole batch

Then decide how many calories you want in your portion & divide the batch to end up with the 350 cal (or whatever you want)

Bulk things out with stuff like mushrooms, cauliflower, broccoli and so on to make the portion BULKIER (and therefore more filling) without adding a bunch of calories

Also think about changing your protein sources so you can eat more for the same number of calories for example:

venison meat is tasty and much lower fat than beef, pork or lamb (so you can eat more of it) and if you need more fat in your diet you can get that in other ways (eggs for example)

chicken breast, rabbit & turkey are great choices too

good luck! eat plenty of filling nutritious food