Mini goals set and rewards for this journey.... What are your mini goals?

Options
changetime77
changetime77 Posts: 30 Member
edited September 2017 in Getting Started
We all have an end goal and sometime if we only look at that it seems impossible, so I learnt last time I need to set mini goals and I reward myself when I get there. So here are my goals and what I've set as my rewards, these may change along the way but the goals won't....

Goal 1
under 115kg - reward get hair done
By end October 2017 - date achieved

Goal 2
Under 105kg - reward mani/pedi
By Christmas 2017 - date achieved

Goal 3
Under 100kg - reward new swimmers
By end January 2018 - date achieved

Goal 4 - HALF WAY
95kg - reward massage or spa day
By first week March 2018 - date achieved

Goal 5
Under 90kg - reward new outfit
By mid April 2018 (my birthday) - date achieved

Goal 6
Under 80kg- reward facial
By end of June 2018 - date achieved

Goal 7 - END GOAL
70kg or under - reward full make over hair, clothes
By end of august 2018 - date achieved

Goal 8
Keep 70kg or under - reward start back tattoo
Keep weight off for 6 months - date achieved

I will do
weekly weigh ins
Fort nightly measurements
Monthly progress photos

I will keep this post updated with my progress... What are your goals? Do you have rewards for yourself? If so what are they?

138322252.png

Replies

• drewaliciaalder26
    Options
    I did this. I have 3 mini rewards and 4 motivation reward. Such as every 20lbs I can get a little thing such as new nail vanish. New book, little things like that and then every 30lbs I get something bigger such as driving lessons, makeover and my finial goal is to do a sky dive x
  • changetime77
    Options
    I did this. I have 3 mini rewards and 4 motivation reward. Such as every 20lbs I can get a little thing such as new nail vanish. New book, little things like that and then every 30lbs I get something bigger such as driving lessons, makeover and my finial goal is to do a sky dive x

Oh I like the skydive I was meant to do that for my 21st but was pregnant so I might have to change my final reward to this....
  • GlassAngyl
    GlassAngyl Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Mini goal 1: Be thrilled if you even SLIGHTLY under maintanence cause that is still weight lost.

Mini goal 2: Be thrilled if you are still in a deficient even if you go over your carbs. Baby steps.

Mini goal 3: If over deficient, aim for a weekly deficient.

Mini goal 4: Save up for Christmas.

Mini goal 5: walk the dog.

Mini goal 6: Find the dog first..
  • changetime77
    edited September 2017
    Options
    GlassAngyl wrote: »

LMAO if you can't find the dog I have 2 German shepherds that are over the top if you need to borrow them...
  • GlassAngyl
    Options
    GlassAngyl wrote: »

LMAO if you can't find the dog I have 2 German shepherds that are over the top if you need to borrow them...

That's what mine is but he hides when he sees the leash! He wants to walk "independently." Once on it, he's fine. Just groans and whines and "flops" on his side when he thinks he is done. Then I drag him for a bit until he gives up and stands back up.
  • changetime77
    Options
    Mine are useless on a lead and if there are 2 people walking them only one person is allowed to hold both leads as they have to be side by side but then decide that they don't like each other and play fight... Nightmare to walk...
    My mother has a 11 month old one that when she has had enough walking just turns around and heads back home... They all have their own little quirks but I wouldn't be with out one....
  • GlassAngyl
    Options
    Mine are useless on a lead and if there are 2 people walking them only one person is allowed to hold both leads as they have to be side by side but then decide that they don't like each other and play fight... Nightmare to walk...
    My mother has a 11 month old one that when she has had enough walking just turns around and heads back home... They all have their own little quirks but I wouldn't be with out one....

Yeah.. me neither. He ate my front porch.. he ate some chairs.. but I kinda like him. He opens the front door himself so I can be lazy when he needs to go out!
  • cenafan
    cenafan Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    My mini goals are 10lb increments getting me to 100lbs total loss. I'm coming up on goal 5. I don't really set big rewards. It's new clothes or a night out with friends. The reward is feeling a lot better for the most part. Lol
  • changetime77
    Options
    cenafan wrote: »
    I'm coming up on goal 5.

congrats on achieving the first 4 goals, I also agree it feels great when you achieve on of your goals... Just hopefully this time I won't gain it back again...
  • sytchequeen
    sytchequeen Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I like your idea. I haven't set anything other than a couple of benchmarks, but with no rewards. I might steal your idea for myself.
  • FeelingAlive
    FeelingAlive Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    i had to think about this, and you're right, it's very important to take a step back and grasp what we have achieved so far. I'm kind of a loser in the sense that I never reward myself when I haven't finished something, whether it be work, chores, dissertations or my dieting. I'm an all or nothing person and I have absolutely no idea how to relax, but I should work on that as well.

I have a lot of things I want to reward myself once I have reached my goal, and these include a new hairstyle, a new wardrobe, skydiving (My brother is an expert with over 150 jumps under his belt, so he has been nagging for years) and dancing classes if I can afford it.

But I guess for now, with 53lbs still to go, I can divide them into mini rewards.
    20lbs: Hopefully this will be the amount I'll have lost when I'm off to visit my boyfriend. The holiday with him will be a big enough reward in itself, so no need to come up with something lol. It will also be my halfway mark.
    20lbs: Buy a beautiful dress I can wear at my graduation. Hopefully I would have lost the weight by then, which will be around March 2018.
    13-20lbs: A photo shoot!
  • changetime77
    Options
    I like your idea. I haven't set anything other than a couple of benchmarks, but with no rewards. I might steal your idea for myself.

Steal away.... I did it last time when I lost weight and it helped especially the hair one because I have a few greys I wasn't allowing myself to get it coloured to I meet that goal, was hard walking past hair dye and not just throwing one in.. But I think I loved it a little more then normal because of the effort that had gone into it...

Let us know what you pick as your rewards...
  • changetime77
    Options
    i had to think about this, and you're right, it's very important to take a step back and grasp what we have achieved so far. I'm kind of a loser in the sense that I never reward myself when I haven't finished something, whether it be work, chores, dissertations or my dieting. I'm an all or nothing person and I have absolutely no idea how to relax, but I should work on that as well.

I have a lot of things I want to reward myself once I have reached my goal, and these include a new hairstyle, a new wardrobe, skydiving (My brother is an expert with over 150 jumps under his belt, so he has been nagging for years) and dancing classes if I can afford it.

But I guess for now, with 53lbs still to go, I can divide them into mini rewards.
    20lbs: Hopefully this will be the amount I'll have lost when I'm off to visit my boyfriend. The holiday with him will be a big enough reward in itself, so no need to come up with something lol. It will also be my halfway mark.
    20lbs: Buy a beautiful dress I can wear at my graduation. Hopefully I would have lost the weight by then, which will be around March 2018.
    13-20lbs: A photo shoot!

I used to only focus on the end goal and I think that's why I failed so many times because it was alway so far away and I never looked at how far I had come. So a few year ago I broke it down to small chunks and lost 15kg and then life threw some curve balls in and I didn't lose anymore but I did keep it off for 18 months then life threw a lot of balls from all different directions and I gained it all back and a bit more.

So I'm back and not even looking and the finish line I'm looking at the first marker and taking comfort in the little victories and not focusing on the slip ups along the way (they are not failures as to fail is to quit and not keep trying) I own what I eat regardless of what it is, I don't beat myself up over them.

Don't forget to reward yourself for your journey so far! I'll want to see pictures of you in that beautiful graduation dress next year and remember it's ok to relax and take comfort in the little victories, a war is never won in one fight...
  • sytchequeen
    sytchequeen Posts: 526 Member
    Options

Let us know what you pick as your rewards...

Ok, not very exciting ones I suppose, but they work for me: this is straight off my spreadsheet, and my initial attempt at setting some mini-goals.

first goal 73kg November book a massage
    start phase 2 Atkins 69kg Xmas book a facial
    keep going! 66kg February book hair
    just outside BMI 63kg Easter new jeans
    Is this ideal? 59kg Birthday New outfit

this last one is a bit vague, because the lowest adult weight I've been didn't look healthy even though I was in my BMI range, so anything below 60kg is a bit "let's see" and I might stop there, or even go back up a bit.

• changetime77
    Options
    Today has been a month on MFP and I have now lost 4.6kg and am only 1.9kg to go to get to my first goal!!!!!!

How are you going with your mini goals?

Start weight 121.5kg start date 18 September 2017
    Current weight 116.9kg
    First goal 115kg
  • JMinney7
    JMinney7 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I've never given myself any "rewards". It's a nice idea :smile:
  • changetime77
    Options
    Woo Hoo.... First Goal Achieved a bit later then I wanted but I know I've been slack with my diet... I'll put up reward photo tomorrow...

How is every one doing with their goals and rewards?

Goal 1
    under 115kg - reward get hair done
    By end October 2017 - date achieved 9 November 2017

Now onto Goal 2
    Under 105kg - reward mani/pedi
    By Christmas 2017 - date achieved

Start weight 121.5kg start date 18 September 2017
    Current weight 114.5kg
    First goal 115kg archived 9 Nov 2017
    Second goal 105kg
  • FeelingAlive
    FeelingAlive Posts: 117 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I was stupid once again, even my mini goals were too large :D
    But hey, I've lost 10lbs so far with 10lbs to go before I reach my first goal. My visit with my boyfriend is about 5 weeks away so I probably won't make it in time, but I'm not too bothered by it. Will be close enough.

And congratulations on reaching your first goal @Changetime77 !
    What are you going to do with your hair? Looking forward to the picture.
  • FredGirlNZ
    FredGirlNZ Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting up, at almost exactly the same size as you. I like your goal weights - they seem far less intimidating than trying to get down to 85 straight away, which is my first final goal.
    Just wanted to say good luck!