**LADIES** P90x Challenge starting August 1st!!!

Options

Replies

• ralison
    ralison Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Day 2, Plyos done this morning whilst my youngest was asleep - LOVED it, that's the type of exercise for me !!!

I'm doing the Lean version so no Plyo for me. I'm very thankful for this. I tried it once and could not even get through 15 minutes of it.

HeeHee, I did want to turn it off at around 30mins and I did have to adjust lunges / squats - not squat down as far etc, but it's the type of exercise that I need for my goal and shape and as I found it hard, I know it's doing the trick and can therefore push myself to see progress in the weeks to come !!!

P.S. I can't believe I have to put up with that trainer man for another 88 days - NOT MY CUP OF TEA !!!!!!!!

He is not my favorite either. The other day I decided just to have the cues on and got rid of his voice. Turns out, I got bored. So atleast his annoying little small talk keeps you going:)
  • becca0211
    becca0211 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Day 2, Plyos done this morning whilst my youngest was asleep - LOVED it, that's the type of exercise for me !!!

I'm doing the Lean version so no Plyo for me. I'm very thankful for this. I tried it once and could not even get through 15 minutes of it.

HeeHee, I did want to turn it off at around 30mins and I did have to adjust lunges / squats - not squat down as far etc, but it's the type of exercise that I need for my goal and shape and as I found it hard, I know it's doing the trick and can therefore push myself to see progress in the weeks to come !!!

P.S. I can't believe I have to put up with that trainer man for another 88 days - NOT MY CUP OF TEA !!!!!!!!

He is not my favorite either. The other day I decided just to have the cues on and got rid of his voice. Turns out, I got bored. So atleast his annoying little small talk keeps you going:)

After the first couple of weeks in my first round of P90X I knew all of Tony's corny little jokes (and so did my 10 year old). After 2 months off I started up again last night and guess what..... I still know all his lines.

P.S. I have also tried it with just the cues and got super bored too... the things we suffer through to be heathy, lol
  • becca0211
    Options
    Great job everyone! This is motivation for me right here. I just finished up Week 2 of the Lean program last night (Kenpo.) I feel like I'm getting better with the moves. I'm not as uncoordinated as before. I usually have to mentally remember which arm to start the punches with. I do about 95% of the moves with some catching of the breath. My body feels better and though I may have only lost 3 or so pounds I have much more endurance and already notice the difference in my stomach.

Kenpo is my favorite workout, love it!
  • leighkent
    leighkent Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    It's possible that you could be sitting a bit too low, but also ab exercises and anything on the belly or back can be bruising if you're a little bit bony. I have pretty prominent hip bones and a bony spine and I've had so many problems with bruising and such. I'm looking into getting a second mat to help pad the first and buying some workout clothes with more padding. Are you doing the ARX on a mat?

No, I just sat on the carpet, maybe I'll look into some padding as it really is sore - even just sitting down I can feel a bruised type sensation !! x
  • LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I actually just restarting my P90X/Insanity Hybrid yesterday as well! Feel free to add me for any support, and I am also a team Beachbody Coach!
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    It's possible that you could be sitting a bit too low, but also ab exercises and anything on the belly or back can be bruising if you're a little bit bony. I have pretty prominent hip bones and a bony spine and I've had so many problems with bruising and such. I'm looking into getting a second mat to help pad the first and buying some workout clothes with more padding. Are you doing the ARX on a mat?

No, I just sat on the carpet, maybe I'll look into some padding as it really is sore - even just sitting down I can feel a bruised type sensation !! x

Oh you should definitely get some sort of padding, a yoga mat or something. It will definitely help with that.
  • AHealthyJD
    Options
    Cardio X, day two of lean done. I like it a lot. Ab ripper is a whole other story. My body just can't do some of those moves! Hopefuly with time....

I'm confused, I thought Ab Ripper X was supposed to be done after Shoulders & Arms and Legs & Back...did you modify the program?
  • FireSwan
    FireSwan Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Did Kenpo X again today. After the first week I almost gave up on it, subbed it out for an Insanity workout in weeks 2 and 3, but decided to give it another go again today. My coordination is still pretty terrible, but I think I'm finally getting the hang of it. Although I still punched myself in the face once and in the hand once, so obviously still a lot to improve on. I'm thinking of buying some weighted gloves or something so I can add more intensity to it, I find it a little lacking in intensity most of the time, especially when I'm stumbling about and hitting myself.

I'm halfway through my first recovery week and then onto week 5! I can't believe I've made it this far.

Great job on Kempo. I just finished my first week of P90x and did the Kempo yesterday. Man are my shoulders and back sore! It will take me a while to get the coordination down on some of those punch combos...I almost hit myself in the face too. And as hard as I was punching, I might have knocked myself out! :laugh:
  • becca0211
    Options
    Last night I took my starting photos and loaded them on the computer. I pulled them up next to my photos from round 1 which I took exactly 5 months ago to the day. I know my body has changed but to see the side by side comparision was unbelievable. It was the motiviation that I needed to make sure I stick with this for the second round.

Hope everyone is having a great day and remember Do your best and forget the rest!

Rebecca
  • jwheele
    jwheele Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Cardio X, day two of lean done. I like it a lot. Ab ripper is a whole other story. My body just can't do some of those moves! Hopefuly with time....

I'm confused, I thought Ab Ripper X was supposed to be done after Shoulders & Arms and Legs & Back...did you modify the program?

I did Ab ripper today with Cardio X, instead of tomorrow with shoulders and arms, simply because of timing. Cardio X is about 45 min long and Shoulders &Arms is 60 min. I am doing this at 5 am before getting the kids ready and I am out the door for work. I don't think I can sqeeze more than 60 min in.
  • Johnnygirl777
    Options
    I started week 6 of P90X yesterday, does that count? :) HAHA!
  • Johnnygirl777
    Options
    Today is Plyo for me!
  • jwheele
    jwheele Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am going to be out of town Sat - Mon. My husband and I are taking the girls to Sesame Place in PA :) What should I do when I get back? Pick up where I left off on week one day 6, or pick up where I should have been at week 2 day 1. What do you think?
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I am going to be out of town Sat - Mon. My husband and I are taking the girls to Sesame Place in PA :) What should I do when I get back? Pick up where I left off on week one day 6, or pick up where I should have been at week 2 day 1. What do you think?

I'd say where you left off. I went on holiday for a week in July (my week 3) and I just repeated week 3 when I got back.
  • marcicol
    Options
    Johnnygirl - you and I are on the exact same day - Week 6, Day 2. I have family vacation coming next week however so I will be a week behind you after that. :)

It sounds like everyone is doing great. Those of you who just started - keep up the good work and know it does get easier. I actually am sad that I won't be able to do Week 7 during vacation! P90X is an addictive program.
  • jcezzell
    jcezzell Posts: 26
    Options
    i did day one of lean last night and was amazed at how bad i was at the pushups. yikes
  • jamielynn1981
    jamielynn1981 Posts: 232 Member
    Options

I'd say where you left off. I went on holiday for a week in July (my week 3) and I just repeated week 3 when I got back.

I agree :)
  • Melslifestylechange
    Melslifestylechange Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Nice work everyone!
  • Melslifestylechange
    Melslifestylechange Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Day 2 - Plyometrics - DONE! This workout was challenging for me. I was pretty tired but pushed through it. I am happy to say that it was worth every minute! The football training moves and the "Airborne Heisman" excercise/pose inparticular reminded me of my favorite college football team.

I'd like to give a shout out to the Ohio State Buckeyes!

O-H!

What's your favorite college football team?

Congrats in advance on completing Day 2 everyone!

Melissa

Melissa

Where in Ohio?? I am Ironton- very southern

Columbus.
  • chelsiburnett
    Options
    Week 1 day 7 for me!!! Rest day!!! I didn't eat much today at all for lack of time and I might just go on a walk this evening....ready to start week 2!!!