What annoys you?

Options
1235»

Replies

• fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I just want to mention, it is illegal to bike on the sidewalk. I got hit by a car while riding my bike on the sidewalk, and I almost got sued for it.

But walking on the street is sooooooo freakin annoying, not to mention dangerous!
    What was a car doing on the sidewalk?
  • datzun
    datzun Posts: 198
    Options
    People that aren't listening -- they're just waiting for a break in the conversation so they can take over

This.

Also, smokers annoy me. :( And drunk people.
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I just want to mention, it is illegal to bike on the sidewalk. I got hit by a car while riding my bike on the sidewalk, and I almost got sued for it.

But walking on the street is sooooooo freakin annoying, not to mention dangerous!
    What was a car doing on the sidewalk?

That's always the question, lol.
    Basically, they were coming out of an apartment complex onto the main road, but they blew the stop sign and didn't check to see if anybody was coming on the sidewalk before they pulled out into the street.
    The stupid thing is, the situation would have been the same if I was riding a skateboard or jogging, so the bike wasn't even really the question.
    The girl that hit me was 16 years old, just got her license, was texting on her phone, and illegally driving her best friend (in CA, if you are under 18, you may not drive anybody under 20 for the first year you have your license).
  • MFPfriend
    Options
    It annoys me when people use their Bluetooth device and think they have to SCREAM into it. When my dad talks on his Bluetooth, his voice raises 4000 decibels or so... (okay, hyperbole, but still).
  • stc74
    stc74 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I'm annoyed by petty gossipers. If you aren't part of the solution, then don't talk about it. Some people try to stay private in their affairs, so let them. Its the most annoying when church groups/prayer groups turn into gossip spreading. If someone shares their troubles with you, pray with them, comfort them, but don't spread their information unless they ask you to do so.
  • PaulaDDN
    PaulaDDN Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Ppl that is always txting, even if they have company, how rude!!
  • SugarBaby1987
    SugarBaby1987 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    People who can't drive, and people who talk with food in their mouth. Yuck!
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    *kitten*..not the actual body part, but people.
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    people that are always late. it is so rude!
  • HollieDoodles
    HollieDoodles Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Procrastinators

and right at this very moment.....

People who think it's okay to post close up pics of their bums and boobs to OBVIOUSLY get attention on a website that is supposed to be for weight-loss/fitness support....... and the people who encourage it by posting junk........ this isn't high school or a dating site, people.

Now I'm sure to get some sweet responses to my rant......... whatever.
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    - Tailgaters. Especially when a) I really do drive a reasonable speed - like 5-6 over. Keep on my butt like that when I'm in my car and I WILL slam on my brakes. and b) when I'm on my motorcycle. Give me a little bit of breathing space on the bike, okay? If I have to stop suddenly, I can do it. But if you're in a big ol' SUV behind me, I'm guessing it doesn't stop on a dime. I don't really want to get smushed.

-People who call me, and when I answer, ask me to hold while they take another call. :noway:
  • lamiranda
    Options
    I hate when my boyfriend and I go out for dinner and I order something healthy while he orders something delicious (fatty)! I hate looking at eat it while I'm eating a salad.
  • jesienia
    jesienia Posts: 294
    Options
    Rude ignorant d*ckheads are at the top of the list. I also HATE when guys do the whole compliment and then insult you thing. Date over at that point. I also hate loud chewers...that's my biggest annoyance actually.
  • datzun
    datzun Posts: 198
    Options
    Oh, one more annoyance:

- People who don't use the search feature on online forums. Or refuse to use Google/Yahoo to look information up.
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Trying Sooooooooooooooooooooo hard to lose weight, and GAINING 6lbs in 2 weeks! ... Now THAT is annoying!
  • Talako
    Talako Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    People who wear those little blue-tooth ear pieces.

I just want to slap it right off their head.
  • MFPfriend
    Options
    A fresh one from today's shopping trip:

People who park their shopping cart in the middle of the damn aisle, and then take 10 minutes to decide what bag of chips they want. And I'm just trying to pass through to the other end of the aisle for my bread!
    What's even worse, though, is when you ask if they can move their cart and they roll their eyes and push their cart to the side like I just seriously inconvenienced THEM.
    -.-
  • MFPfriend
    Options
    People who wear those little blue-tooth ear pieces.

I just want to slap it right off their head.

The only time people should wear one of those is if they're driving. And even then, it's annoying. It doesn't matter if you have the phone in your hand or not, it's still going to be distracting.
  • MyouTakara
    Options
    Funny. Tailgaters are what annoy me most. Really, you don't get there that much faster and you're way more likely to cause an accident. If that person ahead of you stops suddenly. you won't be able to stop in time.