MOMS! Would it offend you................

Options

Replies

• Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I was called that once after my weight came off, and I was kinda taken aback by it. I just never thought of myself like that. haha. but it was a compliment. Course my teenage children thought it was funnier than heck. I want to look good for my husband, but but my losing weight has little to do with wanting to look good. Its far more about mental and physical stability.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    I certainly wouldn't be, nor do I know any mom who would be offended. This is something I think ALL moms secretly wish! Well, when I'm thinking of women NOT MY mom's age.

We are GILF LMAO
  • mommyoftwins05
    mommyoftwins05 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't be... My fiancee says it to me sometimes lol... I've had someone else say it too
  • springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Not nessesarily, no. I want to be attractive for me, not because I'm a mom though. I just find the "MILF" term tacky and degrading, but I wouldn't pitch a fit if a stranger told me that. I'd just smile and thank them for the compliment. Regardless someone is going to think it wether you like it or not.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I haven't been offended yet :wink:
    I also haven't given anyone who's ever come out and called me that the time of day. It's like - if you say it, it's a guarantee that it'll never happen.
  • FrauHausMaus
    Options
    I wouldn't be offended, but I would think it was pretty hilarious. If someone called me a MILF, I would probably give myself a hernia from laughing :laugh:
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Would love to be a MILF!!!! LOL.

KASUMI!!!!

*....also, I'm not a mom but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be offended. I don't offend easily.
  • OnMyWay2STay
    OnMyWay2STay Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I find the phrase offensive for two reasons. First, because it contains the f word. Secondly, because it implies promiscuity and extra-marital sex.

That said, I am a mom who wants to be thin and attractive for my husband. There is nothing wrong with being sexy!
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    As a dad, I'd be offended being called a DILF. It's offensive, rude, and vulgar.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Hell no! My ultimate MFP goal is to be a MILF by my 35th birthday May 2nd next year.

I wanna be a milf! I wanna be a milf!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I swing around on this. I hate being ogled by men in general, but it is flattering to be thought of as attractive, especially when you spend 99% of your time being just "Mummy" which makes me feel about as glamorous as a slug.

From my point of view, I like to be thought of as attractive, but not have specific body parts stared at or referred to. There are few things more offensive than a random bloke saying "Look at the tits on THAT!" Mostly that makes me want to punch people.
  • rockieschick
    rockieschick Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I would love to be called that! lol
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I swing around on this. I hate being ogled by men in general, but it is flattering to be thought of as attractive, especially when you spend 99% of your time being just "Mummy" which makes me feel about as glamorous as a slug.

From my point of view, I like to be thought of as attractive, but not have specific body parts stared at or referred to. There are few things more offensive than a random bloke saying "Look at the tits on THAT!" Mostly that makes me want to punch people.

THIS^^
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    My hubby calls me his personal MILF. He said to put it simply that I AM a Mom and he wants to F--- so... ergo... that makes me a MILF... :blushing:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,659 Member
    Options
    Lol, lots of response that are PRO MILF! I know some think of it as perverted, but hey sexy people usually are.
  • jessradtke
    jessradtke Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Depends on who said it and how they said it. If a friend said it in a joking way, I wouldn't find it offensive. If a guy said it to me...yeah, I'd find that offensive. I've never liked being looked at as just a piece of *kitten*.
  • mandimoore617
    mandimoore617 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I aspire to be a MILF! LOL
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the context...

in this one, chatting with the girls, we know what we mean.

if I'm wandering through the grocery and I hear a couple of males talking about the MILF that just walked by, then I think its kind of degrading because its objectifying a human being.

if a man is out with his buddies and states that his new g/f (whom he hasn't yet been intimate with, and has a kid) is a real hot milf - then .. it's still locker-room scummie but you get that it's with the guys and he clearly find the new g/f sexy - so that's good... mostly.

if a guy that I'm friends with (and I've had this happen) sees pictures of a friend of mine and says WHOA! who's that MILF?... I actually feel alot of pride for that friend that someone thinks they're hot. I think my presence kept any further vulgarity pretty checked.

So, it really depends. Slang has multiple functions and you can't really isolate terms by themselves and assume they're good or bad. It's about intention and inflection. At least it is for me.
  • jalapenos
    jalapenos Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Better a MILF than a butterface.... just saying....

*MILF in training... lol
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I think it's goofy but funny. My husband calls me a "GILF" (I'm a grandma!) At least he appreciates me (even before I lost weight!)

My husband told me that I'm going to be a GILF one day. Then corrected himself to GGILF, cause I'm so fit I'm going to live to be a Great Grandma. I took that as a compliment. LOL I'm hoping I can just keep adding G's in front!