5'6 ladies....goals, where you're at?

Options
2»

Replies

• kavahni
    kavahni Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I’m big-boned and broad-shouldered and 57 years old. My lowest adult weight was 125 when I spent a winter as a chairlift operator, all muscle and sinew. I will never be that weight again and I am utterly peaceful with that.
    Right now I am 167. I’d like to be 155, and 145 would be just dandy. Less than that is not reasonable for me.
  • blakexx3
    blakexx3 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    SW: 139-142
    CW: 133-136
    GW: 123-126 (for now)

My weight fluctuates a lot and I tend to bloat easily. I’ve started again on September 14 on MFP. My goal is to just become a smaller version of myself for now. I would love to get back down to being between 116-120 but I haven’t seen those numbers in awhile and don’t want to get discouraged if I don’t reach that but that would be my second goal perhaps.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    It's always been my understanding that ladies of 5"6 height should aim to be between 140 and 150 pounds. In this thread, though, I see a lot of you are aiming to be in the lower 100s. Any thoughts on this?

That's within the normal BMI range, but up at the high end. 155 is overweight.

Personally I prefer to aim for the lower half of the normal BMI range ... it's much, much easier to cycle up long steep hills when I don't have all that extra weigh hanging around.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    5'6
    SW: somewhere around 313
    CW: 203
    GW: around 156 for now, but I may adjust up or down when I get there.
  • branjovanovic
    branjovanovic Posts: 5 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    5 ft 6
    SW 175
    CW 155
    GW 140
    Anything lower than that doesn't look good on me. I look gaunt and tired when I lose too much weight.

1400 kcal
  • scward1991
    scward1991 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    5 ft 6
    SW 149
    CW 122
    GW 117-123ish, bit of flexibility on that coming up to Christmas <3
  • minyita
    minyita Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    5 ft 5'5
    SW 133
    CW 130
    GW 110

My lowest was probably around 120-122, don't remember, I was pretty slim, but still very skinny fat with flabby thighs, and could have probably loose still minimum 5-8 lbs bodyfat at that point.

yeah I know I'm in the healthy range, but I want to slim down first and then tone up and gain lbs in muscles.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    minyita wrote: »
    5 ft 5'5
    SW 133
    CW 130
    GW 110

My lowest was probably around 120-122, don't remember, I was pretty slim, but still very skinny fat with flabby thighs, and could have probably loose still minimum 5-8 lbs bodyfat at that point.

yeah I know I'm in the healthy range, but I want to slim down first and then tone up and gain lbs in muscles.

If you want to do this... start strength training now while you lose, don't "lose weight first then tone" whatever that means. Strength training will help retain the muscle you currently have, and when you get closer to goal, you will be much better off. At that point, you can see where you are and if you want to look into recomposition or gaining weight in muscle.
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    5'6
    Highest Weight 235
    Lowest weight 133
    Current weight 140
    Maintenance range 138-145
  • mdeshaies89
    mdeshaies89 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    It's always been my understanding that ladies of 5"6 height should aim to be between 140 and 150 pounds. In this thread, though, I see a lot of you are aiming to be in the lower 100s. Any thoughts on this?

That's within the normal BMI range, but up at the high end. 155 is overweight.

Personally I prefer to aim for the lower half of the normal BMI range ... it's much, much easier to cycle up long steep hills when I don't have all that extra weigh hanging around.

Thanks so much for the insight! I really appreciate it.
  • sheryllromero
    sheryllromero Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    5'6
    SW 130
    CW 119
    GW 115
    Calories 1500-1600
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options

I'm 5'6' (well, 5'5.5" :) ). My avi is me at 148ish. It's a great weight for the height, IMO. However, my stomach fat is still a challenge that I am working on. I'd be very happy to eventually end up at the same weight with the stomach fat gone, but anywhere in the 140-150 range would be fine with me.
  • bluestarlight19
    bluestarlight19 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    My goal is 150, but I'm fairly broad and large chested, I don't I could get smaller than that.
    I got down to 170s once and I looked damn good, so I think 150 would be very comfortable for me. Right now I'm 205-207. Can't seem to break away from those numbers.
  • scward1991
    scward1991 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »

I'm 5'6' (well, 5'5.5" :) ). My avi is me at 148ish. It's a great weight for the height, IMO. However, my stomach fat is still a challenge that I am working on. I'd be very happy to eventually end up at the same weight with the stomach fat gone, but anywhere in the 140-150 range would be fine with me.

For me, its about BF%, I am now around about 20%, so a little lower would be ideal, but I am training to become a fitness instructor so the leaner I can be the better for me.
    At this point, its less about the number on the scale and more about fitness goals from here.

Also, to note, gone from DD to C cup in my journey, so less to weigh in in the curves department :)
  • mdeshaies89
    mdeshaies89 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »

Thanks for the comment. I'm glad for the insight. Best of luck on your goals!
  • malioumba
    malioumba Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    @Famof72015

If I may politely ask, I am curious as to what your measurements are compared to how they were! (and anyone else).

• Famof72015
    Famof72015 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    malioumba wrote: »
    @Famof72015

If I may politely ask, I am curious as to what your measurements are compared to how they were! (and anyone else).

I'll get you that info tomorrow!!