What irks you?

Options

Replies

• CaptainFantastic00
    CaptainFantastic00 Posts: 4,619 Member
    Options
    JeepHair77 wrote: »
    I'll probably be flamed for this...

Double barrelled names, irk me. More so when both first and last names are double barrelled.
    Families with multiple differing double barrelled names make me ever so slightly stabby and eye twitchy.

What's a double-barrelled name?

Right?? I thought I was just dumb

Does she mean hyphenated names? Like if my last name was Captain-Fantastic?

And first names as well? So if my name was Jeep-Hair Frances Captain-Fantastic???

I think she means real life
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options

Double barrelled names, irk me. More so when both first and last names are double barrelled.
    Families with multiple differing double barrelled names make me ever so slightly stabby and eye twitchy.

Nevermind, I googled.

Since we're on the subject, it irks me that the HR office at my employer doesn't have the slightest clue what to do with a married woman with a hyphenated legal name but who prefers to use her maiden name professionally.
  • iamthemotherofdogs
    iamthemotherofdogs Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Not getting a *kitten* lunch break.
  • JeepHair77
    Options

Nevermind, I googled.

Since we're on the subject, it irks me that the HR office at my employer doesn't have the slightest clue what to do with a married woman with a hyphenated legal name but who prefers to use her maiden name professionally.

To be honest I can see where the confusion would be.

Because if you're legally one thing but then you want to go by another I'd want to insist that on any HR forms or any accounting forms (like paystubs and T4s) that it has whatever your name is on your ID.

Understood, and agreed. All I want is my professional (maiden) name on my business cards and other public materials. So that clients and colleagues over the last 12 years can find me.
  • Svanel
    Svanel Posts: 6,255 Member
    Options
    that driver going 40 mph in the passing lane on the interstate when the speed limit is 75 mph.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    mnalsa83 wrote: »
    My mother in law who can't shut up when your watching a movie. Questions every two minutes. "Just shut the *kitten* up and watch it or leave!"

My mom does this. Because she does't want to pay attention and actually watch something. She'll just expect you to explain everything to her later.
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    Options
    People who can't take jokes or completely mess it up with their seriousness.
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    When your credit card has fraudulent activity.....UGH
  • CaptainFantastic00
    Options
    Me
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    5MmOeGw.gif
  • rayzerwolf
    rayzerwolf Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Candy wrappers being left all over the house, If you go get more candy put your dam wrappers in the garbage on your way to get more candy.
  • Jonesuna64
    Jonesuna64 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    People, sometimes things, but mostly people
  • CaptainFantastic00
    Options
    forum posts where someone asks if men like... small boobs, big boobs, curvy women, skinny women, etc.

The answer is YES! Somewhere out there, there is a man who likes whatever it is that you are selling right now.

And for those women who seem to need to change their body to become whatever they think most men like... JUST STOP ALREADY. Work on becoming the woman YOU are happy with, and the right man will be there to love you up.

this post brought to you by someone who spent far too long trying to make her body perfect and appealing for other people, when it turned out that the right person really didn't give a crap whether her body was 6%, 16%, or 24% bf anyways.

I feel like this is directed toward something....
  • JeepHair77
    Options
    forum posts where someone asks if men like... small boobs, big boobs, curvy women, skinny women, etc.

The answer is YES! Somewhere out there, there is a man who likes whatever it is that you are selling right now.

And for those women who seem to need to change their body to become whatever they think most men like... JUST STOP ALREADY. Work on becoming the woman YOU are happy with, and the right man will be there to love you up.

this post brought to you by someone who spent far too long trying to make her body perfect and appealing for other people, when it turned out that the right person really didn't give a crap whether her body was 6%, 16%, or 24% bf anyways.

I'm the sort of person who self-consciously assumes that it's directed toward ME.
  • CaptainFantastic00
    Options

I'm the sort of person who self-consciously assumes that it's directed toward ME.

Not this one Jeep
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options

Right?? I thought I was just dumb

Does she mean hyphenated names? Like if my last name was Captain-Fantastic?

And first names as well? So if my name was Jeep-Hair Frances Captain-Fantastic???

Serious question - what happens when there is a marriage between people with hyphenated names? When Joe Smith-Jones marries Sally Williams-Johnson, do we congratulate Joe and Sally Smith-Jones-Williams-Johnson at the wedding?