LOW CARB, HIGH FAT DIET

Options
So, I've started a low carb. High fat diet. I was wondering if anyone is on this as well. If so, has it worked for You? What are some of the food choices you make.

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

I don't do low carb, but you can find plenty of people over there that do
  • Lee_louh
    Lee_louh Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm on a Keto (HFLC) diet, and have been for about 8 weeks now (barring a week I was at a friends wedding). So far I've lost 24lbs, stopped feeling hungry all the time, had reduced pain, more energy, and can't believe how little I'm eating.

My diet consists mainly of sliced meats, processed meats (like bacon, salami, prosciutto etc), cheese, eggs, fish, nuts (particularly macadamias, although the macros of pecans and brazil nuts are also good), and some leafy green vegetables.

In short, no root, fruit*, sugar or grain. I also avoid the sweetener maltitol, as there seems to be evidence it can cause blood sugar spikes.

*I do eat some cucumber/tomatoes, and avocados.

If you want to see my food diary, feel free to add me as it's open to friends. And an advice forum I'd recommend, as I've found useful www.reddit.com/r/keto
  • britney8914
    britney8914 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you, that was very helpful.!
  • mtbusse73
    mtbusse73 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Bacon :)
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Worked in what way?
    You can eat that way to lose, maintain or gain weight - your calorie intake determines what your body will do
  • pjbarclay55
    pjbarclay55 Posts: 11 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Working for me. I dieted way down a few years ago and lost a ton of muscle in the process. The high fat seems to be keeping the muscle on. This and lots of time at the gym. Lost 44lbs really quickly then went to the gym and am stuck on the scale but have gotten leaner and stronger then I've ever been and I've spent years in the gym and dieting without getting results like this. But just remember calories count the most and its ease to go over your calories with high fat foods.

- Sunflower seed are a great snack and slow down the eating process when in shells - Just don't get salted or the next morning you will be cursing the water weight
    - Avocados - Yummy
    - Fish - I hate fish but its got the good fat so I eat it
    - Grass fed beef

This is kinda the Keto Diet so if you look that up you might find some good food choices and some good recipes