Options

Replies

• orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    orangegato wrote: »
    For people avoiding dairy? Vegans?

There's no dairy in the frosting as far as I can see

But there is glycerin and vegans avoid that. I know someone who is an exact example of that. Just sayin'
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Aerocrazd wrote: »
    They were my childhood/adulthood too. Blueberry only toasted with butter. The blueberry ones are hard to find here. Which is probably a good thing for me. :D

Hold up. I never thought about butter. :hushed: You may not be a monster after all! Also, that song on Family Guy makes sense now.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I should divorce my husband for eating unfrosted poptarts. :laugh:
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I want a Pop-Tart so bad right now. Cherry, please. Oh! Or Hot Fudge Sundae. :p
  • Aerocrazd
    Aerocrazd Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    They were my childhood/adulthood too. Blueberry only toasted with butter. The blueberry ones are hard to find here. Which is probably a good thing for me. :D

Hold up. I never thought about butter. :hushed: You may not be a monster after all! Also, that song on Family Guy makes sense now.

Whew, glad for that. And butter is ALMOST like bacon in that it makes everything better. Hope I just didn't start a kitten storm with that comparison. :D
  • French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options

Whew, glad for that. And butter is ALMOST like bacon in that it makes everything better. Hope I just didn't start a kitten storm with that comparison. :D

There's a hell of a lot of truthiness to this.
  • French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Guys, I already have a Panera cinnamon crunch bagel that I have to figure out how to fit in my day. Why did it also have to be Friday Poptart Thread Day as well? ARGH!

Also, unfrosted poptarts taste of sadness. I agree, they make an appropriate Lenten penance.
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I think the frosting is disgusting, so I always preferred unfrosted. I only liked strawberry and blueberry versions, though (especially strawberry).
  • fuzzylop72
    Options
    orangegato wrote: »
    For people avoiding dairy? Vegans?

There's no dairy in the frosting as far as I can see

it's the geletin (derived from beef), not dairy.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    I grew up with unfrosted. I didn't even realize frosted was a thing until I was a teenager. Oddly enough, I prefer unfrosted when eating them toasted. Frosted when eating them straight from the package.
  • ISweat4This
    ISweat4This Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Didn't know they made unfrosted pop tarts, I probably would've tried those.
  • Turtle003
    Turtle003 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter pop tarts are not frosted and taste AMAZING!! Warm gooey peanut butter after they pop up from the toaster.....yum
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Boards like this make me crave stuff like this. The problem is once I eat 1 package i'll be good until the next random pop tart board but i don't want a box of em sitting in my cupboard to stale... And I may want a different flavor next time. I just want a SINGLE PACKAGE but can't find any
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    They exist for butter
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    katadx wrote: »
    Boards like this make me crave stuff like this. The problem is once I eat 1 package i'll be good until the next random pop tart board but i don't want a box of em sitting in my cupboard to stale... And I may want a different flavor next time. I just want a SINGLE PACKAGE but can't find any

Try gas stations. Not a bargain money-wise, but you'll get your fix. The employee store (comparable to a convenience store) where I work has s'mores pop tarts in a 2-pastry package, package...which, btw, lists 2 pastries as 1 serving. Getting with the times.
  • fuzzylop72
    Options
    They have them in my workplaces vending machine too (although only frosted strawberry). Really expensive, as you'd expect from a vending machine.