Unfrosted Pop-tarts

Options

Replies

• simmoner4
    simmoner4 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I grew up eating these. They were my dads favortie. Un frosted strawberry, toasted, with melted butter on top. Pretty good actually!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,615 Member
    Options
    I used to love pop tarts but now I can't really justify that 400 calories (because, you know, it's the whole pack or none at all). I actually prefer the Kellogg's version of the pastry crisp.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    placeboBL wrote: »
    pinuplove wrote: »
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Yet another necro thread resurrection I don't understand, but this is worse because it reminds me I never tried buttering a Pop-Tart as I assumed I would one and a half years ago.

I'm stopping to pick up some discount Valentines candy on the way home, might as well grab a box of Pop-Tarts too.

But it's a POP-TART necro thread. And I missed it the first time around, so I'm ok with it.

I actually prefer unfrosted. Always have, even as a kid. They are road trip food for us, for some odd reason.

Because they’re great day or night, rain or shine, toasted or right out of the package. They last forever; they can be shared or eaten by twos. There are endless varieties, and they can be found everywhere: even gas stations. They are literally the perfect road trip food. I’m sorry; odd is incorrect. The reasons are clear.

You've obviously never tried to clean ground up Pop-Tart out of rental car upholstery :lol:
  • placeboBL
    placeboBL Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    placeboBL wrote: »
    Yet another necro thread resurrection I don't understand, but this is worse because it reminds me I never tried buttering a Pop-Tart as I assumed I would one and a half years ago.

I'm stopping to pick up some discount Valentines candy on the way home, might as well grab a box of Pop-Tarts too.

But it's a POP-TART necro thread. And I missed it the first time around, so I'm ok with it.

I actually prefer unfrosted. Always have, even as a kid. They are road trip food for us, for some odd reason.

Because they’re great day or night, rain or shine, toasted or right out of the package. They last forever; they can be shared or eaten by twos. There are endless varieties, and they can be found everywhere: even gas stations. They are literally the perfect road trip food. I’m sorry; odd is incorrect. The reasons are clear.

You've obviously never tried to clean ground up Pop-Tart out of rental car upholstery :lol:

A correct assumption. I can imagine that fruit paste inside is a real pain once stepped on countless times and left to sit. Perhaps switch to Toaster Strudels?
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    its soo hard to find unfrosted poptarts now days though!
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options

This is my concern. Because I can't imagine buttering a frosted Pop-Tart is the same effect. I mean, I guess you could butter the underside.

Luckily, worst case scenario, I have Toaster Strudel at home. Maybe I could try buttering them!
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options

This is my concern. Because I can't imagine buttering a frosted Pop-Tart is the same effect. I mean, I guess you could butter the underside.

Luckily, worst case scenario, I have Toaster Strudel at home. Maybe I could try buttering them!

This needs to be researched. ASAP.
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Peanut butter pop tarts with butter. I wish I never discovered them. :)

ETA: Ok, I lie, I'm really glad I discovered them!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I have acquired unfrosted strawberry Pop Tarts. I am eating on as is on the way home as a baseline control group. For science.

Make sure to drop some on the floorboard and step on it for about a week. Then try to clean it and report back. And as always, thank you for your sacrifice.
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Result #1: An unfrosted, unbuttered Pop Tart is a sad way to spend 210 calories #sorrynotsorry.
    Was it heated?
  • InsertFunnyUsernameHere
    InsertFunnyUsernameHere Posts: 271 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I prefer unfrosted. The pumpkin pie ones are pretty good, despite the frosting. I prefer not to have them in the house because it's way too easy to eat 2000 calories before you realize what happened.
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Result #1: An unfrosted, unbuttered Pop Tart is a sad way to spend 210 calories #sorrynotsorry.
    Was it heated?

No. I assumed that since IMHO frosted Pop Tarts taste the same to me toasted or not that the same would apply to unfrosted. That might have been a faulty assumption. Science is hard.
    I can see a lot of variables to try. I’m thinking heated with butter and sprinkled with a light dusting of sugar... for science obviously
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Sp1tfire wrote: »
    Boards like this make me crave stuff like this. The problem is once I eat 1 package i'll be good until the next random pop tart board but i don't want a box of em sitting in my cupboard to stale... And I may want a different flavor next time. I just want a SINGLE PACKAGE but can't find any

Gas station or vending machine...
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Was it heated?

No. I assumed that since IMHO frosted Pop Tarts taste the same to me toasted or not that the same would apply to unfrosted. That might have been a faulty assumption. Science is hard.
    I can see a lot of variables to try. I’m thinking heated with butter and sprinkled with a light dusting of sugar... for science obviously

I had forgotten how sweet these things are, I'm not sure dusting with sugar would've registered :lol: