Can you still lose weight by eating McDonalds occasionally?

Options

Replies

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    ST94NO wrote: »
    Food that allows for 6000 calories to be consumed in a matter of a few minutes are a recipe for disaster. Almost regardless, but expecially if one has a troubling relationship with food, one should abstain from all this *kitten* completely.

If you eat 1 lb of meat, bread with all the condiments plus cheese, a pile of fries the size of a cat and down it all with a giant soda pop you should expect to be having a pretty high calorie meal no matter where you get it from.
    There are more calorie friendly choices at restaurants. Nutritional information is out there allowing you to make more reasonable choices instead of just saying everything fast food is evil and never learning to just approach food normally. It is just food.

If you decide fast food isn't tasty enough for the calories or you have a hard time moderating so limit that type of food that is understandable but not everyone needs to abstain from eating it.
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    neely47 wrote: »
    Like once every week or 2 weeks as long as my daily caloric intake is lower then my body maintenance, and if I exercise 3x/week? Surely, a quarter pounder burger & fries once in a while won't make much difference?

Or do you completely avoid fast food altogether?

Of course you can. It's still food.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    swebb1103 wrote: »
    Food that allows for 6000 calories to be consumed in a matter of a few minutes are a recipe for disaster. Almost regardless, but expecially if one has a troubling relationship with food, one should abstain from all this *kitten* completely.

I've never done that or seen anyone do that with fast food. That's some competitive eating *kitten* right there. Totally irrational. Calm down.

I have, however, seen it done with home-cooked food on holiday feasts ;)

Pretty sure I have eaten more than that at Thanksgiving! No shame in my turkey game!

Aim not sure. How many calories is a piece of pecan pie plus a piece of pumpkin pie plus a piece of chocolate pie, all with whipped cream on top of a full turkey dinner? Is that how I gained so much weight?
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    ...Important to be aware of that fries are not fries. What is served at McD has like three times the calories of those found frozen in supermarket...
    The what now?

LOL.