One Year, 105 lbs, and Zero Seizures.

Options
2»

Replies

• canarysal
    canarysal Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Well done, very pleased for you. Other epilepsy sufferers please get proper medical advice before considering stopping or reducing medication.
  • BeaUtiful_1413
    BeaUtiful_1413 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    This is really awesome. I just started keto and suffer from severe migraines which gives me almost the same symptoms as a TIA. And gives same brain waves as epilepsy sometimes so hopeing this helps me. Also after reading this I'm be mentioning this to my parents as my dad HAS epilepsy for the past 7years now. And he's gone through soooo many medications and finally getting better but think this would probably help him a lot as well. Congrats to you and hope you have many more years epilepsy free
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    This deserves more "Awesomes" than the software allows. I can't imagine such huge changes in a persons life through diet changes.

As for the PCT, I hope you get to hike it some day. I've hiked portions of it many years ago before it was officially the PCT, and I think it's way more diverse than many other long hikes.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Wow! Fabulous. Please consider posting this in the low carber daily forum. I'm sure many of the posters there (who don't often check the main boards) would enjoy reading about your journey, and success!
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

Regardless, how WONDERFUL!
  • enoughisenough3565
    enoughisenough3565 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    What an amazing story and you look absolutely incredible!! Congrats on taking your health into your own hands.
  • BcMuscles
    BcMuscles Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! Awesome work
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I am curious, do you know what exactly about your diet and switching to keto altered the seizures? Are carbs in general just a trigger? I have quite a few friends that have seizures and I love keto myself so I am curious to know how Keto effected it.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    I didn't know about the effects of keto on epilepsy so I looked it up - there have been several well done studies on children which found that a keto diet reduced or completely eliminated seizures in more than half of children. Wow, I had no idea! Thanks for teaching me something new today.

You look great and I'm happy for you. Good luck in your hiking adventures!
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Totally awesome. Not to take away from your success, but all the reason more - very general comment here and 100% my experience in life, so not suggesting that this applies everywhere to everyone....just has been 100% my experience - why I just don't go to the doctors here in the US. I figure things out for myself. And, they really have no idea about nutrition.

Anyway, much respect for taking things into your own hands, for taking ownership of this and for being personally responsible for your own well-being. And the outcome could not have been any better....even if you would have fantasized about an outcome. Totally off meds (I bet that <kittens> some folks off) - how much money are you saving there (a rhetorical question....).

Anyway, congrats! May you have a long lifetime of seizure - free days!
  • Bkind2meAli
    Bkind2meAli Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!So glad you shared your story!
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Wow. A new lease on life. I hope you get to do the PCT. I'm in Portland and each time I hike up to Timberline Lodge, I cross it and look at it longingly... Congratulations on taking control and getting your life back. You look great :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!