Week 1 ~ Team Amazing_Grace (CLOSED GROUP) August Challenge

Options

Replies

• amazing_grace♥
    Options
    All I can say is WOW!!! You guys are AWESOME!!!! I can't believe the water that some of you are drinking!!! I average 10-12, but some of you are just plain "fish".... hahahaha. :noway:

Thanks so much for posting everything here like you are.... that is SOOOO helpful for me when I'm trying to put check marks by everybody's name and what they've done for the day.... again - YOU GUYS ROCK!!!! :love:

Part of this challenge is that you have to log everyday!! So even though you are drinking your 8 glasses of water - BE SURE TO LOG IT ON YOUR DIARY EVERYDAY!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Remember we only get the Bonus points if EVERYONE on the team is logging and drinking the water.... if 1 person misses just one day - we forfeit the bonus points for that week ~~ NO PRESSURE THERE - HUH? :sad:

The before picture - is not a requirement - it was just for a contest of who has the biggest transformation over the next month... if you don't want to send in a before pic - you don't have to... but just let me know you are not going to do that - ok?

Last, unless I've missed an email, or a post somewhere (which is entirely possible!),,, I still need starting weights for the following:

caza6464
    Ginial1479
    healthymern10
    musky4

Our official "weigh in" day is on Sundays - so that I can get the week's information to Gary.... and we get 1 point per pound lost!!! Yay!!!

Now go out there and KICK SOME MORE CRAP OUT OF AUGUST!! :mad:
    (I heard that August is getting just a little nervous!!) :explode:
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    water - ck
    under target calories - ck
    XTRA long/fast walk - ck
    whew - so hot and humid!!
    will have NO problems sleeping tonight !
    amazing grace - did you get my pic alright??

Yes!! I got it!! I need your starting weight tho......
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Oops.... I did not get my jacks in after running 5.5 miles last night and having dinner. Sucessfully, I was under my calories for the day and drank my water! My starting weight is 173.4

Tonight I am going to go swimming and run a mile for the challenge (even though it is an off day). I need to start getting my water in for the day... darn meeting first thing stopped me from filling my water bottle as soon as I got to work. :ohwell:

Grace I will send you the pic via email tonight after I take one :blushing: lol

I did the "extra" mile challenge today before getting in the pool. Drank 8 glasses of water :wink: Finished my diary under calorie goal.

I took a full body shot and I am not sure I want to share... I took it in a bikini and I am not sure the world is ready to see my belly :laugh:
  • maureendonahue
    maureendonahue Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Water and walk done, calories under. It was a good day (except having to go to the bathroom every five minutes!). Hope everyone gets a good nights sleep tonight. Crunches tomorrow!!
  • cath1717
    cath1717 Posts: 120
    Options
    Thanks alot for all your implication on this group Amazing, it's really appreciated!!! :)
  • taranmisty
    taranmisty Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I completed my challenge of one extra mile for today. I drank all eight glasses of water today. So busy trying to drink those that I couldn't even drink all the soda I wanted:). AND I came in under calorie goal!!!!!
    Tara
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options

I did the "extra" mile challenge today before getting in the pool. Drank 8 glasses of water :wink: Finished my diary under calorie goal.

I took a full body shot and I am not sure I want to share... I took it in a bikini and I am not sure the world is ready to see my belly :laugh:

Carrrie - you don't have to share if you don't want too......mine is going to be in my bathing suit - but it is a one piece - you can still see my belly though...... if I'm gonna share mine (at 187 lbs!) you can share yours!!! (hehe, just kidding!)
  • Ginial1479
    Ginial1479 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi... i'm Ginia... My starting weight is 330... I'm probably the heaviest contestant... :-(
    I did the jumpin jacks.... and the walk...

Thanks.
    :-)
  • getsveltEagain
    Options
    I did the crunches.... 20 reverse, 20 regular, and 20 side (each). I will classify that as 60 so I am good to go on the excersice challenge :wink: Now that water and food diary!
  • DeidreJean
    DeidreJean Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    crunches done...
  • cblackb
    cblackb Posts: 4
    Options
    Probably need a beginner since I am just starting out, will do my best
  • maureendonahue
    Options
    Did my crunches. Of course, I wasn't able to lift myself up very much, but did the best I could. And my stomach muscles are not happy right now!!
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    Just saw an "update" on August .....

AUGUST CHALLENGE UPDATE. Just received a call from August. It's thinking about relocating to another month! Keep kicking August's Butt! DON"T YOU STOP FOR ANYTHING! YOU ARE DOING IT! People are already reporting 3 - 5 lbs weight losses, pants getting loose and huge increases in soreness and energy. Remember one thing. Soreness is just weakness leaving your BODY!!!!
  • getsveltEagain
    Options
    Does anyone know of a modification to the burpee/up&downs for bad knees? I really don't want to break them into sets of 5!?! :blushing:
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    Does anyone know of a modification to the burpee/up&downs for bad knees? I really don't want to break them into sets of 5!?! :blushing:

I just spoke to Gary and he said that we can "modify" this one if we need to for TOMORROW's challenge....

"Modifying" the Ups & Downs.....

Do 50 toe touches each side..... hand above head right hand to left toes,
    then stand up straight and left hand to right toes (would equal 1)....

Don't worry about the part where you get down on all fours..... but if you 'want' to, you could get down on the ground after you do those toe touches, and do some modified push-ups (or planks!!) haha.

Just TRY to do the best that you can and be sure to let me know WHAT you do - ok??
  • maureendonahue
    Options
    Thanks for the modification! It was what I had planned to do, more or less, anyway as I am not nimble enough to do it the way the video shows. I will promise to try to get down to the floor and back up as much as possible and then go to the modifications.
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Good evening, friends!

I got my crunches in (60 of them) - got my water in (13) - and am under my calorie goal.

Wednesday is done. Feeling good!
  • Xtine72
    Xtine72 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    80 crunches CHECK
    Water CHECK
  • walkingingrace2011
    Options
    50 crunches, 11 glasses of water, under calorie goal! Wooo hoooo!
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Crunches - Done
    Under calorie goal
    10 glasses of water.

WooHoo!!!