The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• tishbiv
    tishbiv Posts: 41 Member
    39 from Texas. Trying to lose 100 pounds before my 40th birthday. Add me. I love having new friends. :)
  • WhalenJR
    WhalenJR Posts: 21 Member
    Hello. I am relatively new here. I'm 39 years old from central Texas. I have recently turned my life around. I have lost 70 pounds since May and now am within reach of my GW of 185 (only 18 pounds to go). I have also recently converted to vegetarian about a month ago. I have been running in 5k's for a couple of months now and having a blast. So much so that I decided to do a half marathon next spring in DC. If that goes well I will set my sights on an Iron Man (longer term goal).
  • opbill55
    opbill55 Posts: 2 Member
    51yo. a few years ago, i was very sick..skin and bone....stupid doctors
  • karijo475
    karijo475 Posts: 88 Member
    Hey!! I’m 32 trying to lose 40lbs. Feel free to add me.

Welcome!!
    tishbiv wrote: »
    39 from Texas. Trying to lose 100 pounds before my 40th birthday. Add me. I love having new friends. :)

Good luck girl! You can do it!!! When’s your birthday?

WhalenJR wrote: »
    Hello. I am relatively new here. I'm 39 years old from central Texas. I have recently turned my life around. I have lost 70 pounds since May and now am within reach of my GW of 185 (only 18 pounds to go). I have also recently converted to vegetarian about a month ago. I have been running in 5k's for a couple of months now and having a blast. So much so that I decided to do a half marathon next spring in DC. If that goes well I will set my sights on an Iron Man (longer term goal).

Congrats on your loss so far!! You’re so close to goal!! Iron man, huh? That’s awesome!! Very inspirational!!
    opbill55 wrote: »
    51yo. a few years ago, i was very sick..skin and bone....stupid doctors

Welcome! Sounds like you’re on a better path now...
  • scooter281964
    scooter281964 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi, male,53 from Berks UK, I suffer from asthma so exercise is difficult. I have been cycling to work (5 mile) for about 4 years, running for about 3 and in the last year started circuit training. Always thought with the amount of exercise I did I could eat what I wanted hence my weight never really changed. Light bulb moment about 40 days ago and have been diarising my meals ever since,have gone from 80kg to 72kg fairly easily but I know it's going to get harder. Regular park runner with a new pb of 25.22.add me to discuss life, exercise etc.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Hi. I'm 37 and mom of two boys. The weight compounded with each pregnancy and emotional eating my way through a divorce did not help. Anyway, I'm taking a hold of my life again and I am determined to be as healthy and fit as I was before my marriage. Feel free to add me too. I could use all the healthy friends I can get
  • karijo475
    Hi, male,53 from Berks UK, I suffer from asthma so exercise is difficult. I have been cycling to work (5 mile) for about 4 years, running for about 3 and in the last year started circuit training. Always thought with the amount of exercise I did I could eat what I wanted hence my weight never really changed. Light bulb moment about 40 days ago and have been diarising my meals ever since,have gone from 80kg to 72kg fairly easily but I know it's going to get harder. Regular park runner with a new pb of 25.22.add me to discuss life, exercise etc.

Welcome scooter! Sounds like you get quite a workout daily!!
    Hi. I'm 37 and mom of two boys. The weight compounded with each pregnancy and emotional eating my way through a divorce did not help. Anyway, I'm taking a hold of my life again and I am determined to be as healthy and fit as I was before my marriage. Feel free to add me too. I could use all the healthy friends I can get

Good morning Versicolour! I totally get that! Pregnancy and unhappiness are not a good combo!! Congrats making a change!!
  • draftsman28
    draftsman28 Posts: 98 Member
    40'ish, lifting and gaining
  • jthose31
    jthose31 Posts: 3 Member
    41 years old with a goal of 40 pound loss. Feel free to add.
  • rach6191
    rach6191 Posts: 2 Member
    HI , FEEL FREE TO ADD, FOR SUPPORT ALONG THE WAY.
  • VoodooChile76
    VoodooChile76 Posts: 47 Member
    Soon to be 41 here in a couple weeks -- feel free to add also!
  • CajunTess
    CajunTess Posts: 268 Member
    DWBalboa wrote: »
    I keep pumpin’ the breaks but 50 keeps coming at me faster and faster each day. How the hell did I get to 50 so dang fast? Hell with the way I’ve lived I am shocked I made it this close to 50. I’ll be raising that 50 banner with pride when I get there. Then again I still have three weeks, a lot could happen in three weeks.
    I just wish I was arriving at 50 a little less worse for the wear, but all things considered just to cross that mark for me will be an accomplishment.

I'm right behind you Dave! But I'm fighting it every step of the way!
  • jessicab202
    jessicab202 Posts: 29 Member
    37 from North Texas. I have about 80 pounds to lose. Feel free to add me!!
  • CathyMcMac
    CathyMcMac Posts: 19 Member
    Hi Everyone! I am 58 and want to join in! I am going to the doctor on Friday and am hoping she doesn't tell me I have diabetes. I have 45 pounds to lose.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,725 Member
    I'm going to start telling my friends who are 35+ that they're middle aged

I'm sure they'll appreciate that, TnT. I laughed out loud when I read it!
  • karijo475
    40'ish, lifting and gaining

Welcome draftsman ;)
    jthose31 wrote: »
    41 years old with a goal of 40 pound loss. Feel free to add.

Welcome! I'm sure you'll get that 40 lbs.
    rach6191 wrote: »
    HI , FEEL FREE TO ADD, FOR SUPPORT ALONG THE WAY.

Hi Rach! Support is a must on this journey!
    Soon to be 41 here in a couple weeks -- feel free to add also!

Happy early birthday Voodoo!
    DWBalboa wrote: »
    I keep pumpin’ the breaks but 50 keeps coming at me faster and faster each day. How the hell did I get to 50 so dang fast? Hell with the way I’ve lived I am shocked I made it this close to 50. I’ll be raising that 50 banner with pride when I get there. Then again I still have three weeks, a lot could happen in three weeks.
    I just wish I was arriving at 50 a little less worse for the wear, but all things considered just to cross that mark for me will be an accomplishment.

DWBalboa Happy early birthday! 50 will be nothing for ya ;) You look great!
    37 from North Texas. I have about 80 pounds to lose. Feel free to add me!!

Welcome Jessica! I have about 70 to lose, we are going to kill it!!
    CathyMcMac wrote: »
    Hi Everyone! I am 58 and want to join in! I am going to the doctor on Friday and am hoping she doesn't tell me I have diabetes. I have 45 pounds to lose.

Cathy ~ best of luck to you at your appt!!

• nessa2BFit
    nessa2BFit Posts: 155 Member
    Hello!!! 42 here but enjoying life more than in my twenties!!! My goal was to git 40 in better shape at least and I have... it’s a life change that sometimes regresses... I love to bike on weekends do kickboxing at lunch and box a few times a week... throw some weights in and that is my workouts!!! Looking for new friends who are active... most of mine have dropped off over last 4 years
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    CathyMcMac wrote: »

Don't worry. They claim diabetes is reversible now. Much better to catch it as pre-diabetes though. I was able to roll back all my numbers from pre- to a no diabetes state.
  • lisarae477
    lisarae477 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi! 40 in Wisconsin and looking to lose 40! Feel free to add me, looking for support. Struggle with staying on the healthy foods & hoping to start some sort of exercise routine.