When you KNOW you screwed up, do you weigh in?

Options
2»

Replies

• Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Of course I weigh in.

I need to face the consequences of my actions. If I avoid the scale, I'm avoiding my mistakes and I will not learn from them.
  • gcmiller1
    Options
    I throw a short pity party, drink lots of water, and reach out to my weight loss buddy. :laugh: I may put my weigh-in off by one day, but no more than two.
  • thebuxompilgrim
    thebuxompilgrim Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Always. What are you hiding from? YOU know what you did. The rest of us don't care what you did. The only thing that matters is that you dust yourself off and try again. There is nothing to be gained by not weighing in or logging your food. Both serve as a great reminder of what you can overcome. Just today I was glancing through old food logs and was reminded there was a day when I exceeded my calories by nearly 1000. It flipped a switch for me. I haven't had a day like that since February. Log it. You'll be glad you did.
  • SolidGoaled
    SolidGoaled Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I think seeing a gain tomorrow would hurt too much and could possibly send me into a shame spiral and cause another binge. I know 500 over won't cause TRUE gain, but it could cause water - I had a lot of salt - I just do not feel strong enough to face it tomorrow.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I think seeing a gain tomorrow would hurt too much and could possibly send me into a shame spiral and cause another binge. I know 500 over won't cause TRUE gain, but it could cause water - I had a lot of salt - I just do not feel strong enough to face it tomorrow.

It sounds like you've just answered your own question. Personally, I weigh myself almost daily. When I lose, I log it. If I gain, I don't. I just wait till I've lost again and then log it.
  • Daffydilly
    Daffydilly Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I still weigh-in as I normally would. This is my mindset: I made a mistake, it's my fault, and I need to see the damage as motivation to fix it. I feel like if I avoid the scale once, I'll keep messing up and avoiding the scale more and more... then when I finally weigh myself, I'll have a HUGE gain. Hope that makes some sense. Good luck!

i weigh too, and I love your thinking. It's all about accountability, especially to yourself.
  • SolidGoaled
    SolidGoaled Posts: 504 Member
    Options

It sounds like you've just answered your own question. Personally, I weigh myself almost daily. When I lose, I log it. If I gain, I don't. I just wait till I've lost again and then log it.

I should do the same thing. A couple weeks ago I hit 199 which put me in onederland for the first time in 7 years, as well as the "50 pounds lost" mark. Well, that only lasted one day and I've been bouncing about in the 201-205 range every since - it has devastated me to lose those two milestones. And this happens a lot - I dip down, then go back up for a few days before it settles back down, but when its that big of a milestone its hard to swallow.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I always weigh in. To me it's the best motivation not to do that again!
    Well, I KNOW I am over calories for today by AT THE VERY LEAST 500 cals, and I am probably being hopeful with that number. I had my hubby hide the scale from me so I can't weigh in tomorrow. I"m just curious how others handle that? After a calorie binge, do you weigh in the next day, or purposely avoid it?
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I used to not do, not wanting to see the higher number. But that was my downfall in some cases. I would put off weighing for days, which turned into weeks, and eventually, I gained it all back. Now I force myself to. I won't let myself skip more than a day or two.