Bullet Proof Coffee

Options
Hi all,
Has anyone here lost weight drinking bullet proof coffee?

Replies

• CAix
    CAix Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    for me, BCP fills me up so then i eat/snack less which creates a deficit. so yes,
  • MinuitMinuet
    MinuitMinuet Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I drink it as a meal replacement but like everyone else said, it isn't what is helping me lose weight. It does not however curb my appetite like it's suppose to.. which is frustrating AF. But then, drinks never did. Probably psychological..
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I drink it as a meal replacement but like everyone else said, it isn't what is helping me lose weight. It does not however curb my appetite like it's suppose to.. which is frustrating AF. But then, drinks never did. Probably psychological..

You aren't alone, I hardly ever drink it because it doesn't curb my appetite like it does for so many others as well. I drink it occasionally but for the most part get my fats elsewhere.

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    The point of the bulletproof coffee and the keto lifestyle is that it supposedly keeps you so satiated that you don't want to eat all the things. Remaining within a calorie deficit is a happy outcome of a satisfied appetite, if it works out that way for you.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    As everyone else has pointed out, it's not magic, it's science. For many people, but not all, BPC suppresses appetite triggers and thus reduces daily calories.

Ditto for Keto. However, If every day you have BPC, 5 boiled eggs wrapped in 3 slices of bacon, for breakfast, have 3 Lettuce wrapped Bacon cheeseburgers for lunch, and for dinner have a 18 oz sirloin with Guac and broccoli, You probably won't lose weight over time.
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Taking one aspect of the keto lifestyle in isolation will probably have no effect other than use your calories differently to how you used them the day before.
  • MinuitMinuet
    MinuitMinuet Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Caralarma wrote: »
    Havent had it but it looks disgusting. A complete waste of calories in my opinion..

I'm not a huge fan but there are so many who love it. First time I heard of it I told my brother, "Who would put butter in their coffee!" He said, "Bullet proof coffee? It's awesome! It makes your coffee creamy and frothy!" Didn't know he knew what that was... to each their own I guess. It's not disgusting in flavor.. I just prefer my hazelnut creamer..
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    I drink it occasionally, however I dont add the full amount of butter, it still has the same effect for me. It stops me from feeling hungry until about lunch time. Which works out perfectly for me because I prefer to have a medium sized lunch and dinner and then a small dessert. When I was trying to eat breakfast everyday I found myself starving no matter what I had eaten.

So BPC works for some to reduce appetite, but that only helps put you in a calorie deficit.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    Also...don't forget to count the calories in it. That fat isn't free!

BPC can actually increase your calories if you don't normally have anything in the morning and you do have to ask yourself the question: if you're going to have calories in the morning, would you rather it be BPC or something else?
  • flippy1234
    flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. Great input.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    flippy1234 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Has anyone here lost weight drinking bullet proof coffee?

Yes. Because it costs $27 a cup, so there goes my lunch and dinner money.

Edit to add: I'm joking, I wouldn't drink that stuff.

Most people who try it seem to say that regardless of the health/diet benefits the butter actually tastes really good in coffee (butter is just churned cream, after all). I don't think I'd ever seek it out, but I'm not surprised that people do think it tastes good.