Looking for Keto buddies

Options
Hi, I recently started keto a week ago and I’m looking for friends to take this journey with.

Replies

• LDizzle215
    LDizzle215 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I started a keto diet 3 weeks ago with two (unfortunate) breaks, so I could use a buddy! What're your meal strategies and macros?
  • jessicamarie0891
    jessicamarie0891 Posts: 3 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I'm starting Keto today so be good to have some buddies who I can share the journey with!

I love all things carbs so that's where my downfall is a lot of the time and why I seem to put on weight more than lose it! I could easily eat pasta, white bread, donuts etc all day! Not much of a sweet tooth but savoury, carb filled stuff is my weakness so hoping the Keto will help me to overcome that :)

I'm looking to lose 57.5lbs in total, which I'm hoping is doable?!
  • groundhog07
    groundhog07 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've just started following a Keto eating plan, so I've just been at it for a few days now. I'm excited to connect with folks at the same stage as me. My big issue so far is getting fat into my diet without loading up on protein. I'm going to do some cooking and prep today to help throughout the week.

I need to lose about 50 pounds total - I realize it will take awhile so I'm mentally prepared for managed steps and gradual weight loss. Looking forward to learning from all of you!
  • lady_bug_jd
    lady_bug_jd Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I've been doing keto for about 21/2 months and have lost 17lbs so far.

I recommend you sign up with the low carb group http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group. There's a ton of great information on there, especially if you're just starting. Also if you post questions here on the main forums you'll often get a lot of critical, negative opinions about the keto diet as well as misinformed and incorrect info.

For those of you who have just started eat salt! If you want to avoid the symptoms many go through at the beginning salt is key. You need 3500 to 5000mg which I know sounds like a lot but you will be losing most of the sodium along with magnesium and potassium so you need to replenish it. I did not listen to this at the beginning and felt so sick and had terrible leg cramps. As soon as I started increasing my salt it got better.
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    I agree with lady_bug_jd, join the low carb group and the Keto group for support and knowledge.
  • purrr9
    purrr9 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Always up for keto buddies!
  • lisarae477
    lisarae477 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am starting keto as well and would love keto friends to share with. Receipts, tips etc
    Feel free to add!
  • esabelamador555
    esabelamador555 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am starting tomorrow. This will he my first time trying a keto diet. How do I join a group or add friends?
  • storks_cafe
    storks_cafe Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I started today. Never done it before. I want to lose 150 pounds. I'm all in.
  • missesquirejd
    missesquirejd Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I’m keto. Feel free to add me.
  • IdealDawn
    IdealDawn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am going into the keto WOE for the second time. I lost 75 lbs eating this way before within 5 months. I have been doing it again for 10 days and at my weekly weigh in I had lost 9.3 lbs. :) I love to have keto buddies!!!

I am starting keto next week for the first time and definitely need buddies! Maybe we can start a group message? I'm new to my fitness pal also so not sure whay kind of communication they offer.
  • kierrakins
    kierrakins Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    This is my second week of keto, and I would love to have some keto buddies for support as well!
  • skiingbeing
    skiingbeing Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been Keto'ing since New Years, definitely up to add some accountability friends on MFP as well.
  • lowjax75
    lowjax75 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I've been following Low Carb off and on for about 8 years. Good luck everyone! Feel free to add me if you would like.