wish to diet but cant give up on pepsi

Options

Replies

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    jaci66 wrote: »
    200 lbs :love: amazing I will start drinking it :D thank you everyone its just my family who keep discouraging me to diet cause they say I have to leave pepsi to diet -_- thanks alot everyone :D hugs

Sounds like it's time for a FAMILY MEETING. Everyone needs to be on the same page. They need to understand where you are and where you are going and why.

I used to say the same about my A&W Root Beer until I saw how much sugar/carbs was in just 1 bottle. You can't deprive yourself of everything because of a change in diet. But, you have to account for it IN your diet. I still have my root beer. I just use it now as that rare treat when I go to the movies. There are many options for drinks out there that can gradually take the place of your Pepsi drinks. You just have to experiment with them and see which ones satisfy more.

A&W makes diet root beer, jsyk ;)
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    cbelc2 wrote: »
    If you need the Pepsi, then cut down the amount, drink it less often, or substitute it. Keep in mind that fructose is metabolized in the liver much like alcohol.

People need to stop fear mongering about fructose.

http://www.alanaragonblog.com/2010/01/29/the-bitter-truth-about-fructose-alarmism/
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    jaci66 wrote: »
    200 lbs :love: amazing I will start drinking it :D thank you everyone its just my family who keep discouraging me to diet cause they say I have to leave pepsi to diet -_- thanks alot everyone :D hugs

Sounds like it's time for a FAMILY MEETING. Everyone needs to be on the same page. They need to understand where you are and where you are going and why.

I disagree. Tell the family 'thanks for your input, now kindly butt out while I live my life like the grown *kitten* adult I am.'

As far as diet drinks go, Diet A&W is one of the few I can actually stand (although I usually stick with water).
  • davidylin
    davidylin Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Need to lose 12 kgs please help :( I tried alot but just cant give up on pepsi

Drink less?
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I am a big diet soda drinker and everything I've read says that diet soda is very bad on our bodies and weight loss. I read it triggers a hunger response in the body. I don't know. It's a real struggle to give up. I'm drinking less because focusing on drinking more water. But I'm confused whether I can continue my diet soda habit.

You aren't reading the right sources. It can trigger hunger in some people but you should know by now if it does for you. It's zero calories so it isn't bad for weight loss
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options

How much pepsi are you drinking a day?
    Switch to diet pepsi and drink the same amount or reduce the amount of regular pepsi you drink.
    An 8 oz can of regular pepsi per day wouldn't be terrible.
  • unparalleledAF
    unparalleledAF Posts: 45 Member
    Options

INSTITUTIONALIZED

But seriously, and I say this with all due respect as somebody who had to learn this in my own time: when you are really serious about losing the weight, you will give up Pepsi. If you're not there yet, then hey: own that. But if you're serious, then stop buying Pepsi. Order water when you go out.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    Vladaar wrote: »
    LoL, the news media doesnt vet sources and we are expected to? I just gave an example there are many other sources. I am always surprised at people demanding scientific proof all the time on posts. Choose to believe or dont it doesnt hurt my feelings. This is my suggestion it worked for me, I feel much healthier for not drinking soda.

Makes you wonder if people are paid by the soda lobbyists to be members in health forums to try to debunk drinking soda is bad. Or Roundup on your vegetables, etc. I am not going to go round and round on these topics, I say my opinion maybe point a link or two to my personal research and if people choose not to believe or want to argue for absolute proof feel free. I won't participate. I am just doing what works for me, and sharing when folks ask.

You rather believe an article from an crappy source than actual scientific research?

Ok last post on this from me. But scientists can slant data however their big paying endorsements want them too. Graphs and such can be changed to make things look better than they are. I am not saying I don't look at scientific evidence, I surely do, but I also listen to my body and see how it responds. I believe the more natural and purer we can get to the food that God created the better we will be. Processed foods, chemically created foods not a big fan of. I definitely do eat some of those foods at times, but I try to stay away whenever possible.

So you avoid bananas, oranges, corn, peas, and tomatoes?
  • FatWithFatness
    FatWithFatness Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    LoL, the news media doesnt vet sources and we are expected to? I just gave an example there are many other sources. I am always surprised at people demanding scientific proof all the time on posts. Choose to believe or dont it doesnt hurt my feelings. This is my suggestion it worked for me, I feel much healthier for not drinking soda.

Makes you wonder if people are paid by the soda lobbyists to be members in health forums to try to debunk drinking soda is bad. Or Roundup on your vegetables, etc. I am not going to go round and round on these topics, I say my opinion maybe point a link or two to my personal research and if people choose not to believe or want to argue for absolute proof feel free. I won't participate. I am just doing what works for me, and sharing when folks ask.

You rather believe an article from an crappy source than actual scientific research?

Ok last post on this from me. But scientists can slant data however their big paying endorsements want them too. Graphs and such can be changed to make things look better than they are. I am not saying I don't look at scientific evidence, I surely do, but I also listen to my body and see how it responds. I believe the more natural and purer we can get to the food that God created the better we will be. Processed foods, chemically created foods not a big fan of. I definitely do eat some of those foods at times, but I try to stay away whenever possible.

So you avoid bananas, oranges, corn, peas, and tomatoes?

I saw some expensive "organic, non-GMO, grain fed beef" in our cafeteria this morning... What kind of steer isn't organic, or fed grains? People will believe the dumbest things...

Even if someone could prove that diet soda does a fraction of the things people claim it does, I'm sure the effects are still less adverse than the effects of obesity.
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options

INSTITUTIONALIZED

But seriously, and I say this with all due respect as somebody who had to learn this in my own time: when you are really serious about losing the weight, you will give up Pepsi. If you're not there yet, then hey: own that. But if you're serious, then stop buying Pepsi. Order water when you go out.

Why?
  • FatWithFatness
    FatWithFatness Posts: 315 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    mazdauk wrote: »
    Carbonated water is bad for teeth (not quite as bad as sugary drinks though!). Carbon dioxide is highly corrosive.

The acids in soda aren't great for your teeth... but they occur in many other drinks, and they make these things called tooth brushes. You should use them several times a day.

Edited for grammar.
  • Rincewind_1965
    Rincewind_1965 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Just switch to High-endurance sports (like marathon, long-distance cycling, channel-swimming, ...) Weight-loss and (if pursued with the necessary intensity) as much carbs as you dare to eat and drink ...