What's your resting pulse rate?

Options

Replies

• Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    mine is 78 right now.

I actually learned how to take it a couple of weeks ago when I went to the Dr and I had it at 110, and it freaked me out because that's high according to my Dr. Now, she never asked me if I had been working out (which I had) or drank enough water (it was hot), and now I know that those things can affect it.
  • Cilenia
    Cilenia Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    mine is normally just around 60. Some days its just a bit below, others its just a bit above...
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    mine is 78 right now.

I actually learned how to take it a couple of weeks ago when I went to the Dr and I had it at 110, and it freaked me out because that's high according to my Dr. Now, she never asked me if I had been working out (which I had) or drank enough water (it was hot), and now I know that those things can affect it.

I was told to take it in the morning when I first wake up as long as it is done after natural waking and NOT waking to an alarm.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    60/64...bpm
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    55-57, which is pretty good apparently :-)
  • CarolynB38
    CarolynB38 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Mine is usually 45-50 but sometimes lower if I am very relaxed. This is normal for me. I am quite fit but also very overweight. My blood pressure is also usually low and I have to be careful to make sure I get enough salt otherwise my blood pressure drops and my heart misses beats (not good with an already low pulse rate!) My GP was concerned and referred me to a cardiologist who said my heart is very healthy but I need to eat more salt, lol. I wasn't expecting a cardiologist to give that advice! So I guess for me, it's just the way I was built :wink:
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    After sitting still for a while,mine settles at between 50-55. Have never taken it first thing in the morning though; never awake enough to think about doing it!
  • pearcyovmiddleton
    pearcyovmiddleton Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    39-40 bpm, slightly more means I'm overtrained.
  • lwoodtri
    lwoodtri Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My RHR, is about 50+ these days, would like to get it back to under 40! Just starting a program to be in racing (cycling) shape by spring!! :)
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Mine was 55, but I just got that sitting at my desk right now, so I expect my proper morning resting rate has got lower. Adding sprint intervals to my routine helped, I suspect!
  • mandysjourney
    mandysjourney Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    just did it and am relaxing on the couch. 57 so good for me. guess I am getting fitter
  • zornig
    zornig Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I fluctuate between 66-72. It's always annoyed me that my resting heart rate is that high, but I suppose it doesn't matter as long as it's not objectively high (i.e. over 80 bpm).
  • Tracey_Smith
    Options
    48 but I amd quite fit.
  • mackemshazza
    mackemshazza Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    i have a feeling mine is high - i think its about 71...
    but its always been high even when i was younger
    i teach fitness classes, so have no idea why it is high??
    blood pressure is fine

Mine is 71 too! I don't think it's that high, sure about 80ish is average so we're fine.
  • risefromruin
    risefromruin Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    60-63 which I am actually surprised about because I am a super anxious person. I'm surprised it's not in the 90s :P
  • FunRun08
    FunRun08 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Mine is 49, I do a lot of endurance work.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I was actually pretty excited yesterday because I took mine at my desk @ work & it was 43!
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    This is interesting. I thought the average on this thread looked pretty low, and sure enough, a quick google showed it to be generally higher. There is an age-based chart at the bottom of this page, for example: http://www.netfit.co.uk/fitness/test/resting-heart-rate.htm

Do you think it is because MFP people tend to exercise more than the norm, or was it the people who are proud of their pulse rate who were motivated to respond to this thread??!! (Or perhaps both)
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I clock in bet 42-46bpm
    (42 at my Doc's office freaked him out a bit and he ran all sorts of tests, thyroid levels,etc. But it's all good. Must be my interval running :wink: )
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Mines around 58