Tips to stop retaining water?

Options
2»

Replies

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Full on sounds like bulimia. Professional help is needed for that.

Excuse me Doctor but do you always diagnose your patients with limited information?

Excuse me, but do you always comment without reading past the first reply?
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »

Excuse me Doctor but do you always diagnose your patients with limited information?

The first reply of what? The poster I quoted?
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options

@karintalley the post was edited so we have no idea what she described. I'm guessing it was Bulimia symptoms

Thank you!
  • Orphia
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »

The first reply of what? The poster I quoted?

The first reply of the thread. It looks like you just read that, then posted.

It's all good, you've acknowledged the correction of your mistake. Cheers.
  • Orphia
    Options
    TNoire wrote: »
    more muscle = more calories burnt at rest

Actually, not really.

http://www.bodyforwife.com/lifting-weights-is-better-for-fat-loss-but-not-for-the-reason-you-think/

"The reality is that muscle only burns about 6 calories per pound per day while at rest, and if you’re dropping a lot of fat, you also need to account that a pound of fat burns about 2 calories per pound/day at rest."

Muscle is really hard to add. Lifting weights for years isn't even going to do much to your BMR.
  • khronicuk
    khronicuk Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Water retention to a certain degree is essential for cellular function. Excess water retention can be due to sodium or salt levels causing excess reabsorption, any potential medication you might be on i.e antidiuretics but seek professional opinion for that.

If your goal is to lose weight understand the water retained fluctuates pending time of day, diet, lifestyle, body composition so unless water retention is specifically causing you issues as diagnosed by a health professional I wouldn't focus on it too much. It is healthier and more rewarding to focus on your diet and training and with that the results come naturally.

Hope this helps and best of luck!