6 days a week push to target weight!

Options
Meakus1
Meakus1 Posts: 25 Member
edited October 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi all
I’m setting this thread up to help me stick to the game plan which is to drop down to a weight between 11-11st 7lbs in a bid to become athletic!

Replies

• Meakus1
    Options
    I wrote a big *kitten* blurb about the strategy and of course it hasn’t posted.

Forget the labels in that case - keto/low carb etc... reality is though once out of ketosis it doesn’t take forever to get back to it after a cheat meal that is big and carby. The chest day I talk about is really more a pizza on a Sunday and then back to it. It won’t be a whole day of devouring carbs.
  • Meakus1
    Options
    Haha doesn’t like my swearing... kitten was another word beginning with F.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm curious as to the reasoning behind this. I mean, you could whoosh off a great deal of water initially but continuously put it back on every weekend then back off and back on etc, you could feel like you're spinning your wheels. Then there's the potential to basically be in keto "flu" permanently during that six weeks.
  • Meakus1
    Options
    Yeah I'm curious as to the reasoning behind this. I mean, you could whoosh off a great deal of water initially but continuously put it back on every weekend then back off and back on etc, you could feel like you're spinning your wheels. Then there's the potential to basically be in keto "flu" permanently during that six weeks.

That keto flu thing doesn’t happen with me but then as I think I need to stress my re-feed/carb up days are not going to be at all excessive. Maybe 250 grams carbs.
  • Meakus1
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Edit - removed KETO from subject title as causing confusion. Wouldn’t be confusing if my initial post with lots of detail has saved in full.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Ah okay. So your 1 day a week refeed isn't going to be enough. Have a look at this thread and it may allow you to implement a better strategy.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10604863/of-refeeds-and-diet-breaks#latest
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Meakus1 wrote: »
    Edit - removed KETO from subject title as causing confusion. Wouldn’t be confusing if my initial post with lots of detail has saved in full.

It's a glitch, I bet you used an emoticon, right? When you start a thread, if you use an emoticon, it doesn't post anything you type after it.
  • Meakus1
    Options
    ^^^ if I go flat on my face then I’ll come back with a humbling apology.
  • Meakus1
    Options
    Meakus1 wrote: »

It's a glitch, I bet you used an emoticon, right? When you start a thread, if you use an emoticon, it doesn't post anything you type after it.

Thank you mate. Stupid emojis making my posts sound stupid and uniformed! Haha. I wrote a huge message of how the 7th day was going to be managed, macros, goals regarding Brazilian juijitsu competitions as well as impulse control issues. Thanks for letting me know, ban emojis!
  • Meakus1
    Options
    The actual plan btw guys is getting from 80kgs to 73.5kgs for Brazilian juijitsu comps. The strategy being to have a net calorie count of 1600 a day that is comprised under 50 grams carbs a day, a gram of protein per lb of bw (177 grams approx) and the rest fats. On day 7 a responsible refeed involving no more than 250 carbs and about 2500-3000 cals. I know this largely constitutes a KETO approach but it’s more a bodybuilding style KETO approach that allows for neoglucogenisis to occur from excess protein which is kinder on insulin functions. Sorry if all this isn’t on the first post as had been intended.
  • Meakus1
    Options
    ju62tdk96jf5.png
    This is how today has ended. I’ll be doing daily weigh ins and posting results.
  • Meakus1
    Options
    So it begins
    Day 1 yesterday 12st 9lbs
    Day 2 today 12st 7.2lbs

Mainly water weight admittedly but it’s a start.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    So aiming to lose between 16lbs and 23lbs in 6 weeks then?
    Erm..... good luck.
  • Meakus1
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    So aiming to lose between 16lbs and 23lbs in 6 weeks then?
    Erm..... good luck.

More 16 and see how it all is. Thanks
  • Meakus1
    Options
    00mtuxod3vag.png
    Today’s results
  • Meakus1
    Options
    Day 3
    12st 6.6lbs

Half a pound drop on my non active day.
    Very busy training day today so we’ll see how tomorrow goes
  • Meakus1
    Options
    Day 1 12st 9lbs
    Day 2 12st 7.2lbs
    Day 3 today 12st 6.6lbs
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Hey, man! I know that this is the age of "did you Google that?" but for us on the other side of the pond, can you translate Stone to Pounds? I lived in Germany for several years after I graduated from University here in that States and used to go to London for business all the freaking time....so I am aware of this. But, most of us are not!