191 pounds lost since January (288 total). I am no longer obese.

Options

Replies

• clr2uteacher
    clr2uteacher Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What is 16:8 IF? Just wondering;
  • Mrsjones172
    Mrsjones172 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss. That is amazing and very, very inspiring. No need to be embarrassed about your pics. They show a ton of dedication, motivation, self discipline and hard work!
  • jonesite
    jonesite Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You are an inspiration and give hope to so many people. Keep up the good work and enjoy your new lighter life.
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    "It was math" :) Can we get a standing ovation from the crowd please?
  • tmoneyag99
    tmoneyag99 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I am so ridiculously happy for you and more importantly... YOUR HEALTH!

My father is upwards of 400lbs and I wish he would do what you did. Believe it or not, your loved ones are probably more happy than you can imagine. You will be around even longer to enjoy them and they you. THAT is more important than any aesthetic that may or may not come with your weight loss. You are healthier and stronger!

I can't describe the worry I carry every day because my father will likely not be hear long enough for his grandchildren to know, love and remember him. But you... Now you will be here to ensure that your story is told by YOU and no one else. Celebrate it not just today but every day.
  • mrsbarnett1012
    mrsbarnett1012 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! All of your hard work this past year has certainly paid off! Amazing job!
  • noraknotes
    noraknotes Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Great great work!!! Thank you for sharing!!
  • TravisJHunt
    TravisJHunt Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    WoW
  • ChrisNels1
    ChrisNels1 Posts: 16,638 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What is 16:8 IF? Just wondering;

IF = Intermittent Fasting 16 hours fast, 8 hours eating

• Bkind2meAli
    Bkind2meAli Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Truly amazing!!!!!You are my inspiration!
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You are so awesome!
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Amazing. Congratulation for killing it like a beast.
  • chris5602
    chris5602 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You said you eat the same thing every day? Why is that? What do you eat in a day?
    Thank you for the kind message.

Yes the same exact thing every single day. And essentially the same meal all three meals.
    There is no meal planning, meal prep is literally 1 hour work for 2 days of food.
    Food moved from "pleasure" to fuel in a very good way. I no longer crave that bag of Doritios, or the twinkies. Sure I saw a new flavor of oreos yesterday and dreamed about them for the rest of my shopping trip, but I never even thought of reaching for them. Again it is just fuel, not pleasure.

That said. I am full and quite happy with what I eat every day. I haven't had one negative thought like "oh this again...." I just accept it as part of the process, like getting on the bike everyday, or going to the gym.

My daily food is this.

Breakfast 14 oz boiled red potatoes, mashed with nothing added. I put them in a waffle iron, and they taste better than I remember french frys being. I use some ketchup and a bunch of hot sauce.
    1/3 cup of cheese melted on top of one of my waffles (the 14oz makes 2)
    2oz of carrots.

Lunch, again potatoes in the waffle iron with ketchup and hot sauce.
    3/4 cup of bran flakes. Used to have this as a mid day snack between lunch and dinner, but I would forget to eat it half the time so just started having it with lunch.

Dinner
    You guessed it potatoes in the waffle iron with Ketchup and hot sauce.
    7.5oz grilled chicken breast. I just add some pepper to this, no salt or anything else.

That is it, nothing else at all during the day. I have had this essentially every day since January 10th.
    Once a month I have a chick fil a sandwich but still keep with the 1400 cal.
    Ive gone camping a few times this year and swapped out the potatoes for tortillas and just put grilled chicken in them, again staying with the 1400cal.
    Ive had Tacos I think 4 times this year, only breaking the 1400cal 3 times I think without checking my notes.

By the end of the year ill have eaten over 1000 pounds of potatoes... I buy 50 pound boxes at a restaurant supply place hah.
    Making them is simple, cut up 2 days worth, boil and mash it. Separate it by weight into Tupperware containers so it is easy just to pull it out and toss it in the iron.

I also love potatoes, definitely my weakness. I'll have to try you waffle potatoes. Congrats on your lifestyle change. What an inspiration you are.
  • nowornever0430
    nowornever0430 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!! You are a true inspiration!! Amazing job!!
  • creationscrown
    creationscrown Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    WOWZA!! You are AMAZING!!! So proud for you!! You are so brave and inspiring! Thank you!!!
  • Styggian
    Styggian Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Awesome story and awesome results big congratulations
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration to all with alot to lose. Thankyou for having the courage to show pics-it means alot more than just words. Wishing you all the best to finish up and get to goal. Your commitment is astounding. Your doctor must be so pleased with you.
  • asthinfeels
    asthinfeels Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    All so amazing. Your dedication to the plan you set for yourself is inspiring! Well done!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!