Who does IF without being Keto/LCHF

Options
Anyone doing intermittent fasting WITHOUT doing Keto/LCHF? I’m talking just regular healthy diet and IF together. I need some IF buddies that aren’t Keto.

I’m one week down and doing well but having the support from others doing the same WOE as me would be super beneficial and motivating.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Food preferences and meal timing are two different things.

I'm technically IF'ing, but I don't think I can call my diet low carb even though I eat a lot of fat and plenty of protein.

Are there no "moderate" groups? :D
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I do. I eat all the carbs but some days I don't start until the afternoon.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I do. I usually skip breakfast, have a light lunch, then a nice big dinner. My main food goals are basically enough protein and at least a couple servings of veggies. Otherwise I just eat whatever I feel like it (within my calorie goal).
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    nothing about IF and keto are related o_O

Those doing keto seem to fall into IF eventually due to the satiating effects of the ketogenic diet for most people. They do not need to be linked, but they often seem to naturally occur together.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    I don't do keto and it works out that most days I'm 16:8 fasting. This is mostly due to the fact that I have a GIANT coffee for breakfast that I don't finish until lunch time. Not sure if anyone would count that as fasting, but it's always under 100 calories.
  • kommodevaran
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »

Those doing keto seem to fall into IF eventually due to the satiating effects of the ketogenic diet for most people. They do not need to be linked, but they often seem to naturally occur together.
    I actually think this was what happened for me - not with keto, just an overall balanced and nutritious diet. I used to eat four meals per day, but around one year ago, I just couldn't work up appetite for anything after dinner. My meals "last" so long; I'm always looking forward to the next, but I can happily wait.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I do IF and definitely don't eat keto or low carb. I'm not a natural breakfast eater and go to bed early. It's really just something that fits my eating pattern. I never knew it was a "thing" until I came to MFP.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I'm not saying IF only happens naturally to those who do keto, just that it fairly common for IF to start after eating keto for a while.

I actually think this was what happened for me - not with keto, just an overall balanced and nutritious diet. I used to eat four meals per day, but around one year ago, I just couldn't work up appetite for anything after dinner. My meals "last" so long; I'm always looking forward to the next, but I can happily wait.

Maybe the satiation that causes IF to occur naturally, without forcing it, is due to adequate nutrition? A body is getting what it needs so it results in a reduced appetite.
  • kommodevaran
    Options

Maybe the satiation that causes IF to occur naturally, without forcing it, is due to adequate nutrition? A body is getting what it needs so it results in a reduced appetite.
    Yes, I have come to that conclusion. I'm eating quite similar to how my grandparents ate. They didn't mess with frequent small meals - they didn't have time for that!
  • frumpy2fitmom
    frumpy2fitmom Posts: 7 Member
    Options

I didn’t say they were related. I was looking for people that do IF and do not eat low carb high fat or Keto. I belong to 3 groups on FB and it seems as though the majority eat that way. I do not. So just trying to pick brains of those who do not. Thank you.
  • frumpy2fitmom
    Options

I'm technically IF'ing, but I don't think I can call my diet low carb even though I eat a lot of fat and plenty of protein.

Yes I understand they’re two different things. I belong to some groups on Facebook that it seems the majority of the IFers are eating a LCHF/Keto diet while IFing. I’m trying to find people who do not eat that way and are still finding success with IF.
  • frumpy2fitmom
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »

Yes I belong to one of those groups • Like I said to others, the groups I am in it seems the majority of the IFers are also eating a LCHF/Keto Diet... I would like to talk with people who do not. And every group I join, it’s mainly Keto dieters.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,971 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

Yes I understand they’re two different things. I belong to some groups on Facebook that it seems the majority of the IFers are eating a LCHF/Keto diet while IFing. I’m trying to find people who do not eat that way and are still finding success with IF.

What do you mean by "success?" IF is just a schedule. For weight loss, it's just about calories.
  • thindnavneet7524
    Options
    I tried IF last month and lost 5 pounds without following any diet or exercise.
    But I still followed 1500 calories control or portion control
  • doodleswithpencils
    Options
    OP yes I have been doing around 16:8 IF, works really well for me. I can lose /maintain, plus just feel generally healthier, more energy than if I'm constantly eating. And I don't do keto/LC, just healthy eating, but not obsessive, and portion size.
  • doodleswithpencils
    Options
    Hit me up with a friend request if you like, I don't have many who are doing same as me.
  • maggibailey
    maggibailey Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I just sent you a request. :)
  • frankiesgirlie
    frankiesgirlie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Anyone doing intermittent fasting WITHOUT doing Keto/LCHF? I’m talking just regular healthy diet and IF together. I need some IF buddies that aren’t Keto.

I’m one week down and doing well but having the support from others doing the same WOE as me would be super beneficial and motivating.

You asked, what I thought was a simple question, and even though I haven’t read this entire thread, it appears you can’t get a simple answer.

Here goes. Yes, I do 16:8. No, I’m not keto or Low carb. If you’d like to friend me, that would be great!