Simple Rules for Selfies

Options

Replies

• caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    Don't let anyone tell you not to let anyone tell you whether you can take a selfie or how you have to take a selfie
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    JeepHair77 wrote: »
    There's something about selfies for the sake of selfiness that creep me out. Maybe I'm old. Take a selfie to illustrate your current location, activity, or company? Awesome. Take a selfie of your face by yourself in your living room because it's Wednesday? I don't get that.

Forgive me. I grew up in the 35mm era. If you took a selfie, you had to wait until the roll was full and then take it to the drugstore and pay $10 to get your pictures back the next day to find that you'd actually only gotten a blurry picture of your ear.

I used to feel the same way. But then people who wanted to take selfies started making up fake reasons for it. Like ‘oh look at my daughter she’s so cute’ kid is a blurry speck off in the distance behind a wall of cleavage

So now I love ‘just because’ selfies. Although I’m bad at doing them myself
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    My favorite selfies are the ones where people are all, "here I am with no makeup" with impossibly smooth skin and inevitably, some internet sleuth comes along and zooms in on the pixels and declares that selfie "photoshopped" and they insist that it isn't and then rage quit.
  • Lone_wolf46
    Lone_wolf46 Posts: 2,711 Member
    Options
    Always verify you dont have any "things" in the background.

l6rbhxpqi8mj.jpg

Nice
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    JeepHair77 wrote: »
    My favorite selfies are the ones where people are all, "here I am with no makeup" with impossibly smooth skin and inevitably, some internet sleuth comes along and zooms in on the pixels and declares that selfie "photoshopped" and they insist that it isn't and then rage quit.

Or the just woke up selfie with a full face of un-smudged make up. I am guilty of not always washing my face when I am exhausted but I do not wake up with flawless make up.
  • ManBehindTheMask
    ManBehindTheMask Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Always verify you dont have any "things" in the background.

l6rbhxpqi8mj.jpg

Your hair is longer in this pic than in your avi mate x