Beyond Frustrated

Options

Replies

• Lesscookies1
    Lesscookies1 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Change your goal on MyFitnessPal to lear at maintenance, and eat the calories MyFitnessPal suggests ensure you're using a food scale to get accurate measurements. Start a progressive strength training program to tone up if you're not doing so already. Good luck!

If you're completely obsessed with the idea of losing weight change your goal on MyFitnessPal to lose 0.5 pounds a week, but use more accurate tracking a food scale will help . You're not losing weight because you're eating more then you're currently burning and this you're eating at maintenance reason you haven't gained weight or lost it.
  • Lesscookies1
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Op refuses to answer the question about if she's using a food scale or not to track her intake, so anything in the diary I'm taking with a grain of salt thus the reason she hasn't even lost 0.5 pounds even. I think my advice was pretty sound.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,866 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Op refuses to answer the question about if she's using a food scale or not to track her intake, so anything in the diary I'm taking with a grain of salt thus the reason she hasn't even lost 0.5 pounds even. I think my advice was pretty sound.

Your advice above (eat at maintenance using a scale and increase muscle mass) is actually great for the OP!

You won't hear me disagreeing with it (and in fact I have included the same advice in my "woo" post) :wink:
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options

She said she isn't using a food scale, but refuses to accept the fact her logging is inaccurate.
  • Lesscookies1
    Options

She said she isn't using a food scale, but refuses to accept the fact her logging is inaccurate.

Thanks didn't see this information explains everything.
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Another idea that just occurred to me is to increase your calories to maintenance and eat at that level for 4-6 weeks (to smooth out any fluctuations from your TOM, etc). Track your CICO just like you are now. Weigh yourself at the beginning and again at the end, but not in the middle.

If your weight doesn't change during that time then your logging is accurate and you can rule it out as the problem. Then you can run a calorie deficit from there to drop the weight.

Let us know how it goes for you. We really are trying to help, but we only have what you tell us to go on. We don't have any ulterior motives except to lend help where we can.

Good luck.
  • WhereIsPJSoles
    WhereIsPJSoles Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Are you hungry all the time?
  • lucerorojo
    lucerorojo Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    The OP is small, but the food in the diary still doesn't seem to be substantial enough (or enough nutrients) for someone who is also exercising. She may be eating more than is in the diary due to inaccurate food logging but I think she should eat back some of her exercise calories. Not that she would lose weight by eating more, but she might still be in the maintenance range and it would be healthier. The sodium overall isn't that high, but I noticed a couple of days when it was and perhaps that causes some water retention that is masking some fat loss?

I also noticed that some foods she logged just had the calories and didn't include any macros. For example, she logs the calories in the coffee but not the g in the sugar column. She may only be thinking about calories, but it also makes me wonder about some of those entries--without all the nutrients what is she reading to get the calorie counts? The box/can labels have them all and so do the "verified" entries on MFP.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    MFP has set your allowance at 1700? How tall are you and what is your age?
  • LeahV93
    LeahV93 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    ginababin wrote: »
    Are you hungry all the time?
    Not at all... sometimes I eat only beacaue I have to stay as close to my target number not because I’m hungry.
  • LeahV93
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Okay assuming you’re right about me logging in wrong, although that burger had nothing on it except burger and bun otherwise i would have logged it, and that my measurements are wrong, how many calories am I off? at the end of the day the deficit is still large that it if there are errors as such I should still be seeing some weight loss.
    And i do log everything i eat, so no nothing is left out.
    I also tend to air on the conservative side for those items that are not too specific. Say there are two options for the same item i pick the one with the highest calorie.
    For my exercise, my trainer says i burn between 500-600 a workout. I log 500.
    My coffee doesn’t rake two spoons of sugar it’s really between 1.5 and 2 i log 2.
    Those are just some examples to give you an idea or my habits.
  • LeahV93
    Options
    MFP has set your allowance at 1700? How tall are you and what is your age?

1200, early 40s and 5’2