If every day were like today... You'd weigh...

Options
1235»

Replies

• Lightspeed_1992
    Lightspeed_1992 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I don't really get why everyone always says it's way off ? No, you don't eat the same every day and it depends what and how much you eat/exercise etc, but it's saying if you DID eat around the same amount of calories every day, you would technically weigh that much in the weeks given. It's not off, it's true.
  • prof10000
    prof10000 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am averaging about 2.2 lbs per week after 13 weeks. In 5 weeks that calculates to an 11 lb. weight loss. The calculator normally predicts another 9 to 10 lbs. that will be lost. It means either it is wrong I have no clue how to enter foods I eat in the food diary. I suspect it is me and I am missing calories consumed.
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    I lose more than it says I will. But I am also losing more than the calorie setting tells me I will. My setting is currently to lose 1.3 pounds a week (I manually adjusted the calories the system gave me) but I have been averaging about 1.65 over the past few months. Some weeks nothing or a small gain, some weeks I lose 1 or 2, a few times I have lost 5 or 6.

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,401 Member
    Options
    Looking back 5 weeks it said:

If every day were like today... You'd weigh 60.6 kg in 5 weeks

Hmm.. that's what I currently read. Judging by that I guess the calory amount from a day 5 weeks back got adjusted to today's weight. That doesn't make sense. Would be nice to see the estimate from back then to compare. This way I simply cannot remember what the outcome was 5 weeks back. I do lose at around 250grams per week though.
  • SarahSloth342634
    SarahSloth342634 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm worried by this message from MFP. I hope it is wrong...(for me) I'm on a healthy eating plan diet sort of thing and I eat 1200 cals a day. If my weight drops to what it says it will within 5 weeks, I'll be as thin as a rake!
  • beki2468
    beki2468 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The thing that I hate about it is I'm on a ketogenic diet and after losing 40 lbs since March eating this way MFP tells me "if ever day... " basically says I'd GAIN 25 lbs in 5 weeks. I know it means nothing and I will keep doing what I know is working but it messes with your mind a little to see comments like that - not helpful, MFP!!
  • dwilliamca
    dwilliamca Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Mine have been quite accurate so far, but I rarely fluctuate from my daily calorie target. I consistently lose 2 lbs/week. I jot them down every few weeks on my calendar just to make sure I am on track.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,979 Member
    Options
    I doubt the OP is waiting for answers three years later.
  • Simone2373
    Simone2373 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I find that little blurb really annoying, and frankly, de-motivating. Ugh.
  • kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I started logging July 31st and kept to range of 1200-1300 every day. My "if every day was like this" was pretty close. The problem is you have to keep it the same every day for that to happen. Every day won't be the same...you'll have days where you were on point...and you'll have days where you less than normal. So, yes, ignore that...
  • kelsiestoner
    kelsiestoner Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I think it's a good motivational tool even if it is a little off. This app is about a lifestyle change so that number is based off the fact that you're either staying the same or getting better with your food/exercise habits every day.