What was your "Enough is Enough?"

Options
I'm a new member and went down to Texas Motor Speedway for the AAA Texas 500 this weekend with a buddy of mine. Lots of walking invloved, and I am a big man, but can still move pretty well. It was in the low 90's yesterday, and the combination of no food, minimal water, and be in grotesquely overweight led to the low point in my life of being passed out on the bathroom floor right before the race. That is my low point, and a huge wake up call to start taking this health more seriously, and that it's not a game. What was your low point? How did/are you rebound(ing) from it?

Replies

• fifihapi89
    fifihapi89 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've been having a gradual low point for the last 2 years I think I have put on an extra 3 stone on top of what I already was.none of my clothes fit anymore I looked horrible in everything, having trouble bending over, severe heartburn, pain all over, Depression.
    because of my size was getting the better of me and was abusing alcohol more for it to the point I was horrible and vile to my friends and family and don't even remember doing it. It scared me and I know I need to change
  • christarae1
    christarae1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    This is my low point. I’ve never in my life been so disgusted with myself. I’ve put on over 60 lbs in 3 years. Now I have no energy and no motivation, but I HAVE to make a change. I’m depressed and miserable, and feel so gross
  • happydance1978
    happydance1978 Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    st_martn wrote: »
    I'm a new member and went down to Texas Motor Speedway for the AAA Texas 500 this weekend with a buddy of mine. Lots of walking invloved, and I am a big man, but can still move pretty well. It was in the low 90's yesterday, and the combination of no food, minimal water, and be in grotesquely overweight led to the low point in my life of being passed out on the bathroom floor right before the race. That is my low point, and a huge wake up call to start taking this health more seriously, and that it's not a game. What was your low point? How did/are you rebound(ing) from it?

Wow. Thank you for sharing. That's so tough to face. Mine was having to be on medication that turned a peppy fun loving mom into an obese angry yelling at her kids numb kind. I wanted more for them and that had to start with me. My Dr recommended the LCHF lifestyle I dropped 30lbs so far and haunt been on meds in over a year and my kids are happier. I still have 30 to go. Thanks for posting this
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    Mine was my boyfriend telling me that he didn't want to marry me if we couldn't do things together because I was overweight.

Here's a longer post, if you want to scroll through some responses before you get more on here:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10578288/what-was-your-point-of-disgust
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Seeing my mothers Super Sized Pill Caddie . . . not what I wanted in my future. I was on HB pills and then the Dr. thought adding another pill to combat some of the side effects of the first pill - that was my notice to really take charge of my health.

Sorry to hear about you passing out, I hope all is well. Take your time each little inch forward adds up, don't leap - that could result in an injury that will set you back - I'm sure you get what I am saying :) Remember, be reasonable and overall be good to yourself.
  • awingate87
    awingate87 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    hoppgeorge wrote: »
    when i took my daughter to six flags and i couldn't fit on the rides. i was humiliating.

Same here, I went for Fright Fest a few weeks ago and was only able to fit on like 2 rides! Being told you don't fit and can't ride in front of so many people is flat out embarrassing!!
  • carterbrent
    carterbrent Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Having problems with my heart. Put on a medication to slow down my heart beats. Being told I am borderline prediabetes last week and being at my all time highest weight ever. Taking 6 meds a day. I am only 55 and don't think I am going to live very long unless something changes drastically. Alot of the meds I am on cause weight gain and slow down metabolism. I am maintaining at 220 at 1200 calories. I should be losing 1 to 2 pounds a week at that caloric level.
  • jjburger77
    jjburger77 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    st_martn wrote: »

You have this! Choose each day to be the best you can be while you embark on your journey. It won't be easy, and some days you will want to give up. Don't give up!

As for my "Enough is Enough"...
    I developed vertigo that lasted 7 weeks. I went to the Dr. to figure out why I felt drunk when I walked, and it was the first time I had gone in years. Seeing the number on the scale stare back at me made me realize I had let myself go, and most likely that was the cause of my vertigo. That was nearly 5 years ago, and while I haven't hit my goal weight, I have been able to maintain a loss of approximately 50 pounds over the past 4 years. I have about 20 pounds to go.
  • cherys
    cherys Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    When I realised it wasn't just 'one or two men's XL tops because I like them baggy' but that most of my clothes are size L or XL, even though I'm only 5'3", because that's what now fits me.
  • stephanierae07
    stephanierae07 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I back slid and it hit me one day I realized I done went up in jeans size and my tops were too tight. So I'm back and more determined than before. My fiancé had bad blood work so I put him on a diet and we are workin on this together.
    Feel free to add me as a friend on here!
    Also anyone else feel free to add me on here! I try to motivate and encourage and share health recipes when I discover new ones
    It helps when we motivate eachother
    I wish you the best!