Do you have a go-to “good” meal?

Options

Replies

• finallyfitmommel
    finallyfitmommel Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Chicken and sweet potatoes. I just throw it all in my pot and microwave it. Sometimes with a little barbeque sauce. Sometimes with broccoli and cauliflower. Sometimes with different seasonings. Sometimes in a tortilla. Sometimes with bell peppers and fajita seasoning. It varies. But I could pretty much live off chicken and sweet potatoes.
  • kmsoucy457
    kmsoucy457 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    2 eggs, 5 grams of grated Parmesan and 10-15 grams of bacon if I have it.

Eggs for me, too! + whatever vegetables are closest to perishing + hot sauce
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I don't have a single go-to meal, but when I want a nice balanced meal with little effort I usually go for roasted vegetables (just add oil, seasonings and toss in the oven) and baked frozen fish (straight from the freezer to the same oven with the veggies).

Our hens keep us well supplied so an omelet is also a common quick fix meal for us.
  • Spiderpug
    Spiderpug Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Omelette on ryebread toast with a whatever salad.
    Or homemade soup with ryebread.

I'm a little in love with ryebread
  • emcclure013
    emcclure013 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Soup! Those Bear Creek soup mixes are generally around 100-120 calories per cup, and super easy to make. They're high in sodium, but if I need something fast and filling I'm not above using them for a quick dinner. I like the chicken tortilla one: I add rotisserie chicken for protein and sometimes I'll add in some potatoes and carrots to stretch it into a few more meals and to make it more filling.

I'm a big fan of baked potatoes too. I keep frozen taco meat around at all times, and I love making a baked potato with taco meat, sour cream, salsa, whatever taco fixings I have on hand. I'll microwave the potatoes while I warm up the taco meat - dinner in 10 minutes!
  • KailaLaFlor
    KailaLaFlor Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Usually I'll just throw some stuff in a wrap, whatever protein and veggies I have laying around.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Sautéed chicken, garlic, mushrooms, zucchini and spinach with rice noodles, soy sauce, and an egg.

Rice noodle cook in a bowl of boiled water for 8-12 minutes (2 oz).

Egg pulls it all together and makes it hella creamy.

I often skip the chicken and double the eggs.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    2 or 3 or 4 slices of bacon. Wilt some kale with the bacon. Chunks of bell peppers. 2 fried eggs. Some salsa. Takes 5-10 minutes.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    Two poached eggs on wheat english muffins with two pieces of canadian bacon and 1 ounce of american cheese. Only 400 calories.
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Canned chili and a microwaved potato.

• blh202
    blh202 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken stir fry with snap peas and other veggies in coconut oil and honey!!!! Yummy!
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Canned chili and a microwaved potato.

Yep, I have three default, healthy, no work meals with stuff that I always have on hand:

half a can of chili over a microwaved potato
    4 oz of whole wheat pasta with a bag of frozen stir fry veggies, soy sauce, sesame oil, and garlic powder
    tortilla filled with refried beans and topped with salsa, lettuce, tomato, and avocado if I have it
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    Scrambles eggs with veggies
  • Zinka61
    Zinka61 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    cabbage-veggie soup (with or without veggie sausage chopped into it) or spiralized zucchini, carrot and green onions in marinara sauce
  • shenanigans_
    shenanigans_ Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    eggs and toast
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Pre-cooked grilled chicken strips (microwaved)
    frozen California blend veggies (microwaved then put in a pan on the stove)
    some sort of cheese
    garlic seasoning
    salsa
    toast (optional)
  • jcf123456
    jcf123456 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    eggs & bacon
    greek yogurt & fruit
  • wefts
    wefts Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I keep the house well stocked with veg, beans salad stuff , tuna and chicken . so I can always pull together something that makes me smile and keeps me on track . I also make quinoa and brown rice leftovers into grain cubes and store in the freezer so it is quick to combine a couple in a pan add veg and a protein and have a quick balanced meal
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    A cup of rice, can of tuna and steam up whatever veggies are around, maybe some lettuce. I might throw in balsamic dressing or some lite mayo. Fast mess of a bowl.