Carbs -- I just can't do it

124»

Replies

• JaydeSkye
    JaydeSkye Posts: 282 Member
    Ya know... if people spent as much time DOING SOMETHING as they did talking about what they SHOULD DO... they might not need to ask for advice. Just a general observance ;)
  • Rob82
    Rob82 Posts: 15
    I get on board with any plan that involves drinking beer...lol.
    Seriously though I think you should just change your MFP goals to lower the crabs down to around 100g a day, and then it will be easy to reach.

I guess my dilemma is whether I SHOULD adjust it to fit my diet, which I think is healthy. Or would it be even healthier if I tried to meet the MFP goals. I'll have to mull this over this evening I guess and decide. I do love mulled wine. :laugh:

I may have come off a little harsh on carbs. I generally don't push my views on others so vehemently. One of the recent posts hit the nail on the head. If you're happy with where your diet is at and happy with results, then just don't stress over getting the extra few carbs that MFP suggests. Do what your body tells you is right.
    Cheers
  • Try this recipe for pancakes: 1 cup oatmeal, 6 egg whites, 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese, 1 TBLSP vanilla, 1tsp cinnamon, all blended in the blender to the right consistency and then pour on griddle with olive oil spray into pancakes. These are way better than whole wheat pancakes and the carbs are the really good kind.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    This is a fun thread. Ah, the holy war of carbs. It's just like mac vs pc, emacs vs vi, harley vs metric bike, tastes great vs less filling

OP - if you've had months of success staying below the MFP carb guideline, then i suggest changing your macronutrient ratios to be more inline with your actual intake, rather than trying to change your intake to match the suggested target. I think MFP defaults protein to 15% - you can change that to 30% and take away 15% from carbs...

And don't take these low-carb people too seriously. The lack of carbs makes them kind of grumpy. They can't really help it. :laugh:

lol.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Try this recipe for pancakes: 1 cup oatmeal, 6 egg whites, 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese, 1 TBLSP vanilla, 1tsp cinnamon, all blended in the blender to the right consistency and then pour on griddle with olive oil spray into pancakes. These are way better than whole wheat pancakes and the carbs are the really good kind.

I buy Arrowhead Mills Multigrain pancackes, which are hands down the most delicious pancackes I've ever had.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    I should have know to check with my favorite healthy eating guru, Dr. Willet.

2. Focus on food, not grams. The Healthy Eating Pyramid doesn’t worry about specific servings or grams of food, so neither should you. It’s a simple, general guide to how you should eat when you eat.

http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/what-should-you-eat/pyramid/index.html

Yes, just eat healthy and stop watching those numbers!! (sometime I tend to get a little anal about numbers)
  • GooBeGone
    GooBeGone Posts: 439 Member
    my carbs or in the 20's to 30's. i make sure i have protein tho! i don't think carbs r as important as the other. u can get carbs from veggies & nuts. but really, i don't even care if i don't "hit my carb goal"
This discussion has been closed.