Been Doing keto for 1week and already lost 6lbs

Options
KetoWithMrsPenn
KetoWithMrsPenn Posts: 17 Member
edited November 2017 in Getting Started
Looking for friends so we can motivate each. Let's share ideas, tips, etc. It's never easy to do this on your own☺️.

Replies

• himenaya
    himenaya Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Just don't get discouraged! because a lot of people lose a handful of lbs the first week or two and then you stand still at that weight for another good 2-3 weeks. (Not all, but some) I was one of those people. But the scale will start moving again, I promise. Just keep at it! :)
  • KetoWithMrsPenn
    Options
    Thanks... i believe if you stay in track with your macros you will be good to go. I do measure every single thing that enters my mouth
  • keto_strong
    keto_strong Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    What a great start!! Way to go! It's true about losing lots of water weight in the beginning. So important to drink as much water as you can stand. I found adding electrolytes (I use HyLite) made a huge difference in how I felt going through the keto flu. I'm getting ready to hit my month mark and have just hit that awesome keto energy everyone was talking about.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome. I suggest you check out the main low carber daily forum group here in MFP. It's one of several groups where most of us Ketophiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • Fight4URHAPPINESS
    Fight4URHAPPINESS Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I always wanted to try keto but i always go back to carbs lol.. i think i need a little motivation to get back on track once again but congratulations on your weight loss I’m very happy for you! Keep it up
  • awestbrook89
    awestbrook89 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Today is my first day, but I did it for six weeks and lost 20 lbs and over all awesome feeling!
  • KetoWithMrsPenn
    Options
    Awesome, hope you back to stay, let's motivate each other @awestbrook89
  • ktwebb25
    ktwebb25 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    4 Weeks keto tomorrow !
  • christinahsm2
    christinahsm2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just starting!