Running Camps Help!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,727 Member
    Options
    Here I thought there was a grown-up camp for runners. Super disappointed.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who came here looking for a running group discussion.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,727 Member
    Options
    Foot/calf cramps are usually a sign of dehydration/electrolyte balance issues,

But they could also be too small shoes.
  • Kelsey214
    Kelsey214 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I do admit I am an awful water drinker and I was eating like no salt, so I think that may be a big issue I am having.

Also going to save up for a decent pair of shoes, sadly the only place near me that sells like sneakers is Foot Locker.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Kelsey214 wrote: »
    I do admit I am an awful water drinker and I was eating like no salt, so I think that may be a big issue I am having.

Also going to save up for a decent pair of shoes, sadly the only place near me that sells like sneakers is Foot Locker.

I highly recommend taking a day trip to a place that has a good, reputable running store to get professionally fitted. It will be worth the trip. However, if you are unable to do this, check out an on-line shoe finder, such as this one from Runner's World:

https://www.runnersworld.com/shoefinder

Look at the wear pattern on your current shoe to help you determine how much you pronate (Google "pronation and wear pattern" and you will find lots of resources including pictures). Do this before you head to the store to try on shoes and have at least 3 or 4 models in mind to try. It is really important to have a shoe that is designed for your running style. Note also that you will be looking for specific types of shoes (i.e stability, neutral, motion control, etc), not specific brands. Most major manufacturers of running shoes make a variety of shoes in each type. You just need to find the one that works for you.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Kelsey214 wrote: »

I'm not good with drinking water either. I've taken to drinking 6oz of G2 (lower calorie Gatorade) before my runs. I'm trying some of the energy/electrolyte chews on my long run this week, also.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

Sweet. I'm in Colorado, with running camps abundant! THANK YOU!