They think it's gross...

Replies

• cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Been doing a lot of research and discovered cottage cheese is a protein powerhouse and I've been having trouble getting my protein in. But I hate cold cottage cheese. Even with fruit...however, I thought if I warmed it up in the microwave and added things to it, it'd taste like the inside of a calzone. Lo and behold, warm cottage cheese with garlic powder and cumin is yummmm! My roommate thinks I'm gross..

What do u eat that others might find gross?

Some people use it in lasagna. I like it cold with some Penzey’s sunny Paris on it and chips dipped in.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,961 Member
    Liver
    Okra
    Lima beans
    Okra and lima beans together
    Scrapple

I like cottage cheese on top of my pasta and marinara (like ricotta in lasagna, except I like the temperature contrast of cold cottage cheese on hot pasta and sauce.

Peanut butter and cheese sandwich
    Peanut butter and bacon sandwich

I'm sure there are more.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Eggs, jalapeños and jelly. Wrap it up in a pita with some spinach. Yum.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Lute fisk

I'm 34 years old, half Scandinavian and I still haven't tried this. :cry:
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Chicken livers, spinach straight out of a can.
  • Okiludy
    Okiludy Posts: 558 Member
    The closest thing I can think of is Sushi on a regular basis. Not those silly rolls either but nigiri or sashimi. Favorite is Otoro or fatty tuna. It is buttery and the fat melts in my mouth with each yummy fishy bite.

Now I have eaten some weird things. I live in Japan and have had raw fugu, horse, and goat. I never had whale because it is never in the stores here. When I was in the Corps had cobra blood in Thailand and cooked cobra. I also ate many suspicious lumps of meat in the Philipines. Had bear, deer, pheasant, pronghorn, squirrels, and rabbits more than once growing up in the States.

Thing wife eats that chases me out of room in natto. A fermented soybean dish that just doesn't smell right to me.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Been doing a lot of research and discovered cottage cheese is a protein powerhouse and I've been having trouble getting my protein in. But I hate cold cottage cheese. Even with fruit...however, I thought if I warmed it up in the microwave and added things to it, it'd taste like the inside of a calzone. Lo and behold, warm cottage cheese with garlic powder and cumin is yummmm! My roommate thinks I'm gross..

I live with an unadventurous teenage eater. She finds things like garlic, parmesan cheese, peas, or all fish gross.
    I don't think I eat anything that would gross out the general public though.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    sweet pickled watermelon rind
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    I will sometimes eat a bunch of pepperoncini peppers (from the jar) and let the juice get into my cottage cheese and then eat the cottage cheese. I love it, but it's something I do alone only, since I am pretty sure most people would find it odd.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    I will sometimes eat a bunch of pepperoncini peppers (from the jar) and let the juice get into my cottage cheese and then eat the cottage cheese. I love it, but it's something I do alone only, since I am pretty sure most people would find it odd.

That sounds good to me.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited November 2017
    I didnt think this was gross but had a friend over and they said what the hell.
    My favorite most basic go to meal. A piece of rye toast with saurkraut and hot pepper on it...with mustard, wasabi and hot sauce...topped with a sunnyside up egg and served with either a can of tuna or salmn made spicy with green onion.

Mainly only posting because i think shes crazy not me....That doesnt sound gross right...? She acted like id shot her when i served it to her.

mahr5m8odx2u.jpg
  • I love cold cottage cheese and hot green beans. Each bite has to have both!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Kim Chi...
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member

It's quite similar to ricotta, so I guess it's not surprising that it tastes good. I love cottage cheese and eat it almost every day for breakfast with fruit.
  • khaleesikhaleesi
    khaleesikhaleesi Posts: 213 Member
    I like to mix black beans with salsa and pineapple and put it in a lettuce wrap... Most people think it's so gross. Or I'll scramble eggs with tofu. LOL.
  • iamthemotherofdogs
    iamthemotherofdogs Posts: 562 Member
    What even IS cottage cheese?
  • magster4isu
    magster4isu Posts: 632 Member
    Peanut butter and Pickle sandwiches
    Carrots dipped in spicy mustard

BTW: I put cottage cheese in/on so many things. I love the stuff.
  • khaleesikhaleesi
    khaleesikhaleesi Posts: 213 Member
    Oooh, also I love pimento stuffed olives straight from the jar! LOL! I'll even drink the juice. I like pickle juice, too.