Struggling

Options
I have had this app for over a year Nd just now exploring and taking my lifestyle change seriously. I am so hungry but sticking to eating healthy. This is day 3, how long will this hunger last? Day 2 of exercise. Any suggestions so I don't go off track?

Replies

• Lutielu
    Lutielu Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Adding more protein and fiber will help with the hunger pains.
  • KileyP1980
    KileyP1980 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Use zero calorie foods and fill up on them
    Dill Pickles
    Salsa
    Veggies.
    Eat 4-6 200-300 small meals through the day instead of starving to get to a meal. Best of luck :)
  • Iamsimpleguy
    Iamsimpleguy Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, Try oats with milk before going to sleep. Add more water to your diet. All the best!! Feel free to add me :smile:
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    If you're that hungry maybe you cut too many calories too quickly. Try resetting your goal to something less and ramping up for a few weeks. This will allow your body to adjust to small decreases over time instead of going bananas over night.
  • Kathryn247
    Kathryn247 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    There are no zero-calorie foods, unfortunately.
    When you enter your stats into MFP, it will tell you how many calories you can have each day to create a deficit. (Deficit = burning more than you eat = how you lose weight) Eat ALL of those calories. When you add your exercise, it will give you extra calories for that. Some people say to "eat back" half of your exercise calories in case it over-estimated your calorie burn (which is common).
    Weigh all of your food in grams and liquids in ounces and log them. If you're within your calorie goal, you can eat whatever you want. It might take some experimenting to see what helps you feel full the longest. I save some calories for the evening because I can't fall asleep if I'm hungry. Figure out what works for you, and you can include food that's considered "unhealthy" if it fits your calories. I had 2 giant cookies yesterday that I weighed and logged, and I still came in under my calories for the day. Eating "junk food" once in a while helps, I think!
    Also, I realized I was hungry ALL the time, whether I was eating everything or staying within my calorie goal. I decided I'd rather be hungry and losing weight than hungry and gaining weight!
    You can also set an easier weight loss goal. If you're set up to lose 2 pounds a week, try changing it to 1 pound a week. Slower weight loss is better than giving up because you're frustrated. <3