• HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Oil-cured olives in yogurt.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    smoked oysters all day
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Oatmeal with cheese melted in. Lots of people tell me sounds gross.
  • Fitnessgirl0913
    Fitnessgirl0913 Posts: 481 Member
    I like to bake slices of beets and dip them in apple cider vinegar, so yummy! My husband hates it when I do it because the whole house smells "earthy" lol my Polish grandfather got me doing this one.
  • Shenzi03
    Shenzi03 Posts: 88 Member
    What even IS cottage cheese?

Curds and whey...like Little Miss Muffet.
  • Shenzi03
    Shenzi03 Posts: 88 Member
    But to answer the original question, I heat up broccoli in cottage cheese and add hot sauce. My husband thinks its disgusting...probably because he doesn't care for broccoli.
  • magster4isu
    magster4isu Posts: 632 Member
    sarjenki wrote: »
    Oatmeal with cheese melted in. Lots of people tell me sounds gross.

I eat my oatmeal flavored with a BBQ dry-rub spice. People think I'm crazy but I love it.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Okiludy wrote: »
    The closest thing I can think of is Sushi on a regular basis. Not those silly rolls either but nigiri or sashimi. Favorite is Otoro or fatty tuna. It is buttery and the fat melts in my mouth with each yummy fishy bite.

Now I have eaten some weird things. I live in Japan and have had raw fugu, horse, and goat. I never had whale because it is never in the stores here. When I was in the Corps had cobra blood in Thailand and cooked cobra. I also ate many suspicious lumps of meat in the Philipines. Had bear, deer, pheasant, pronghorn, squirrels, and rabbits more than once growing up in the States.

Thing wife eats that chases me out of room in natto. A fermented soybean dish that just doesn't smell right to me.

What did horse taste like out of curiosity?
  • isabele123
    isabele123 Posts: 159 Member
    I eat peanut butter with garlic powder sprinkled on top.
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    whitpauly wrote: »
    The closest thing I can think of is Sushi on a regular basis. Not those silly rolls either but nigiri or sashimi. Favorite is Otoro or fatty tuna. It is buttery and the fat melts in my mouth with each yummy fishy bite.

Now I have eaten some weird things. I live in Japan and have had raw fugu, horse, and goat. I never had whale because it is never in the stores here. When I was in the Corps had cobra blood in Thailand and cooked cobra. I also ate many suspicious lumps of meat in the Philipines. Had bear, deer, pheasant, pronghorn, squirrels, and rabbits more than once growing up in the States.

Thing wife eats that chases me out of room in natto. A fermented soybean dish that just doesn't smell right to me.

CHICKEN...
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    whitpauly wrote: »

Lol. Just kidding.

I found it to be like very lean, slightly gamey beef.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    I recently started dabbling in sushi. My family finds it completely repelling. And they don't realize that the place I get it from also does "American style" Chinese food (is there actually a word for that?), so they never ask me to pick up anything for them. :naughty:
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,200 Member
    Peanut butter and Pickle sandwiches
    Carrots dipped in spicy mustard

BTW: I put cottage cheese in/on so many things. I love the stuff.

My dad occasionally eats dill pickle, peanut butter, and onion on rye... :confused:
  • OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    edited November 2017
    Seems to me most people think anything they aren't used to is gross. And most people are used to fewer and fewer things. Grandmas who took pride in using everything, snout to tail, are much rarer than they used to be, and grocery clerks who can't tell a beet from a turnip are more common. Not coincidentally, food allergies are much more common as well.

I'll be making a pork stock later today from neckbones and pig feet.
  • Iamnotasenior
    Iamnotasenior Posts: 234 Member
    I used to eat scrambled eggs with cottage cheese mixed in and I would throw in some green beans too. I remember absolutely craving this years ago, but when I tried it recently, I couldn't gag it down.
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Liver
    Okra
    Lima beans
    Okra and lima beans together
    Scrapple

I like cottage cheese on top of my pasta and marinara (like ricotta in lasagna, except I like the temperature contrast of cold cottage cheese on hot pasta and sauce.

Peanut butter and cheese sandwich
    Peanut butter and bacon sandwich

I'm sure there are more.

OMG, I love lima beans. It makes my husband gag when he sees me eat them.
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    I like to mix black beans with salsa and pineapple and put it in a lettuce wrap... Most people think it's so gross. Or I'll scramble eggs with tofu. LOL.

This sounds amazing! (runs to add black beans and pineapple to the grocery list)
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    isabele123 wrote: »
    I eat peanut butter with garlic powder sprinkled on top.

OK, this sounds really good. Trying it!
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Cbean08 wrote: »
    Eggs, jalapeños and jelly. Wrap it up in a pita with some spinach. Yum.

WITH JELLY???? :neutral:
  • maggibailey
    maggibailey Posts: 289 Member
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    I didnt think this was gross but had a friend over and they said what the hell.
    My favorite most basic go to meal. A piece of rye toast with saurkraut and hot pepper on it...with mustard, wasabi and hot sauce...topped with a sunnyside up egg and served with either a can of tuna or salmn made spicy with green onion.

Mainly only posting because i think shes crazy not me....That doesnt sound gross right...? She acted like id shot her when i served it to her.

mahr5m8odx2u.jpg

Hmmm it seems a little weird but I’d try it!

I love jam on grilled cheese. Delicious.