How much did you gain during pregnancy?

Options

Replies

• JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    PSSSh with my first i gained like 80 pounds...BAD food choices lol, and a sit down job on top of that. i lost all of that weight. my most recent pregnancy i gained 60. but between the 2 pregnancies i gained about 15 pounds, so i started off at a higher weight. working on the last 15 from that one. i weighed 150 before my first, and 165 before my second. my UG is to be down to 135 eventually.
  • mommy2robert
    mommy2robert Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I gained about 16 lbs... Granted I only went to my 29 week of pregnancy. My son was 2lbs 11oz when he was born. Now ask me how much I gained AFTER my son was born. I went from 188 post partum to 222 in 18 months. All from eating out for 2-3 meals a day while my son was in the NICU, post partum depression, and meds that I was placed on after my son was born which #1 side effect is increased appetite and or weight gain.

Now that's just sad :( Was your son OK?

He is absolutely perfect!
  • casey12105
    casey12105 Posts: 293
    Options
    45-50 with my son, 5 years later and I still haven't lost it all. Now I'm 10 weeks and so far I've lost 5 lbs lol, going to try to stay between an 11-15lb weight gain this time which is recommended for someone already obese. Notice I put the word try in there, because if I keep having the urge to shoot sugar in my veins it probably won't happen.
  • plv2010
    plv2010 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    55lb. When I did my 4d pictures, with an outside company at 7 1/2 months, my baby was measuring 2 1/2 lbs. When I told my doc about it they said my son was measuring normal, and still did not do an ultrasound. So for the next few weeks I scarfed down food. At 38 weeks my docs realized I had umbilical cord resistance and I gave birth to my son at 5lb.
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    60lbs :frown: but worth it :bigsmile: as she was my miracle baby at 5lbs 3oz bed rest for one month around 22 weeks and the last month...and she was only 2 days early thank GOD
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Pre-preggers - 145
    The morning of delivery (had AM doctor appt., went into labor that night) - 208 (up 63)
    2 days post partum - 186 (up 41)

Why yes... it is taking longer to take the weight off than it did to put it on. (not at you OP... just a pet peeve).
  • njean888
    njean888 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I gained 31 with my first and 34 with my second. I worked out during each pregnancy and ate fairly well. My worst craving was chocolate milk.
  • LynnieSkinny
    Options
    I gained about 40 and 30 of it is still here 3 years later! My daughter was 7 lbs 2 oz. I ate just about anything I could get my hands on... and covered it with either chocolate or cheese! :blushing:
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I gained 70lbs and my son was 6lbs 8ozs...haha, I know where all the weight went!
  • jenblowsbubblez
    jenblowsbubblez Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    60-70lbs with both girls and they were both over 9lbs.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Pre-preggers - 145
    The morning of delivery (had AM doctor appt., went into labor that night) - 208 (up 63)

Why yes... it is taking longer to take the weight off than it did to put it on. (not at you OP... just a pet peeve).

I know. I hate when celebrities lose their baby weight in 2 weeks, it makes everyone think "I'll just scarf down my what not during pregnancy and lose all the weight in 2 weeks because that's what xxx did." Um, not quite.
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    My oldest is my step son -so I gained ZERO with him :)

2nd and 3rd in line we were foster parents and then adopted them (so those 2 were zero gains weight wise) whew, doing great so far..now the only one I gave birth to (our miracle baby)...I gained 37 joyful pounds with and that was after I thankfully lost 35 before getting a SURPRISE + pg test.

He was 7 7 and thats what I lost before coming to MFP lol...go figure!! :)

We are very blessed....and I'd gain the weight again to have our same outcome :)
  • maria7bella
    Options
    Watched everything I ate with the first and gained 32 lbs and had a 7.7 lb baby
    Didn't watch what I ate with the second and gained 35 lbs and had a 6.5 lb baby

Nursed and lost all the weight within 3 months
  • erzille
    erzille Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Too much :grumble: With my first child my pre pregnacy was 145 lbs...I went up to 187 with each of my 3 pregnancies! I took eating for 2 to the fullest. I ate more than my hubbie!
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Pre-preggers - 145

I know. I hate when celebrities lose their baby weight in 2 weeks, it makes everyone think "I'll just scarf down my what not during pregnancy and lose all the weight in 2 weeks because that's what xxx did." Um, not quite.

It's more "You didn't put all the weight on in a month, you can't expect it to all come off in a month" comments.

And I ate healthier during my pregnancy than I did prior to that. Chronic undereating, even if it's not OMG!HUGE, can screw up your metabolism.
  • laurabarrett79
    laurabarrett79 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Baby #1...gained 52
    Baby #2...gained 32

IF i'm brave enough to have #3 maybe I'll keep up with this pattern and only gain 12, that would be awesome!
  • k8edge
    k8edge Posts: 380
    Options
    I gained 60 lbs. 205 the day I had my son. Thank goodness I am 5'10 because I did not look like I weighed 205 but my wide *kitten* said otherwise.

I'm 5'9" and was big as a house. See?

pregnant.jpg

I think you look absolutely stunning!
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    We are very blessed....and I'd gain the weight again to have our same outcome :)

Me too!!! :bigsmile:
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    my first child i gained 54 pounds and my 2nd 35 pounds
  • Abigailblue39
    Abigailblue39 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    During pregnancy, I gained 30 pounds (my daughter was 6 p 15 oz) and I watched what I ate. I gained 3 pounds the last week 38 which is when I had an emergency c-section for pregnancy induced high bloodpressure. 22 pounds, I lost after 10 days. Then 3 more while breastfeeding (6 months) and then the last 5 came off right afterwards.