• barbp7
    barbp7 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Bump for continued inspiration!
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    @IremiaRe
    You look fantastic and so healthy. Even your eyes are lively. Good for you. Please feel free to share some details of how you came so far.
  • avagrace44
    avagrace44 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    dsboohead wrote: »
    EJBarner wrote: »
    Aderlay wrote: »
    EJBarner wrote: »
    Not quite at goal yet, but here's me in May 2013 (at my highest weight) versus me in October 2017 (now):

sIh0k9Q.jpg

160lbs vs 132lbs. I still can't quite process that it's me in the right picture!!!

ETA: I have discovered through this experience that imgur has a public gallery, and that uploading a picture to it automatically posts it there for all to see --and comment. This was my first time posting a progress pic on the forum and I definitely wasn't expecting that level of vulgarity or nastiness when all I meant to do was share it on my friendly weight loss forum progress thread.

I am SO VERY SORRY you had to see any of that. Your hard work shows, which of course brings out the jellies.
    Thank you for the heads up, because I didn't know my pics were going to a public gallery!

Thank you. <3 It was mostly the shock of it that caught me off guard: I hadn't realized that uploading a picture there posted it to a public gallery, either! Neither the vulgar comments ("suck my *kitten*", etc) or rude comments ("I don't see any difference", etc) were quite what I was expecting, given how lovely and supportive MFP is and that I'd only intended to post it here. Ha!

That being said, it was definitely a productive learning experience for me. While unpleasant in the moment, it was a good reminded that the only person whose opinion really matters regarding my weightloss/body composition goals is me. I've spent most of my life feeling lowkey uncomfortable and dissatisfied with how my body looked and felt: the fact that I am actively working towards being the healthiest, strongest, and most confident version of myself I've ever been is, for me, a big achievement. Any vulgarity or nastiness that people might express may be uncomfortable/hurtful in the moment, but in the end it's just white noise if I'm happy with my progress. I knew that intellectually, but this experience helped me to actually accept it.

Glad to give you the head's up! Even if we're happy with our progress, we might not all be ready to share pictures outside the safe little bubble of MFP just yet. :D

There is some sick puppies out there that get off with their own vulgarity but thats an issue far left of you and your wonderful successes. Edit it out and congrats and keep moving ahead....we can all learn from you!

DITTO!!!!
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    JamiePocai wrote: »
    269 to 156

.....and what is your story...do tell! :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!