Trying to lose weight and stick to a diet, but can't..I blow

Options
2»

Replies

• cheri0627
    cheri0627 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I agree with a lot of what's been posted already. Don't buy the junk so it's not in the house. If it's not there, you won't be tempted by it. Bring your gym bag with you to work, and go to the gym after work.

Protein is another big one. I don't know what you're eating, but I find that it's a big one for me. Also fat. Really. Working with my dietitian, she has told me that I should never have a meal that doesn't have some of each protein, carbs and fat. Never eat carbs on their own. Try things like a lowfat yogurt or veggies with hummus for your snacks. It doesn't take a lot of fat to make a meal that much more satisfying and stick with you that much longer. I really have upped the protein. Nuts are another good snack - particularly almonds.
  • prekteachr
    Options
    I swear it has something to do with the job....... (I am a prekindergarten teacher)
    I work out twice a day. HARDCORE.
    And every day I eat the wrog stuff and too much of it.
    Oreos, cupcakes, pudding - this is what 18 people eat in front of me everyday! It is so hard to not want junk, let alone ave people bring it in for you to share.
    I totally feel your pain. I wish I had the answer. I struggle with this everyday - and I'm not winning.
    But I keep trying.
    Good luck :)
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Better planning can solve this problem. Plan out exactly what you're going to eat tomorrow and at exactly what times. Don't worry that "dinner time" is usually 7pm or whatever. Allocate your calories throughout the day. Stick to your plan. Repeat this day after day. Enjoy your new lean self.
  • that_jen_r
    Options
    Make sure you are logging in all of your food--accounting for the extra servings. I look at the labels and say "ok--is this worth wasting 200 calories on this?"

This is so true! I've been doing this the past week and when you look at the numbers like that the junk food just isn't worth it!

Best of luck!
  • sweetsapphire85
    Options
    Make sure you are logging in all of your food--accounting for the extra servings. I look at the labels and say "ok--is this worth wasting 200 calories on this?"

This is so true! I've been doing this the past week and when you look at the numbers like that the junk food just isn't worth it!

Best of luck!

I do this and compare it to even how long it takes me to work off a 100 calorie pack of something simple (aka: goldfish) and think "hmmm another 20-25 minutes...I could skip that and have more free time to sit on the couch." for some reason it does the trick. I did that with Cheetos today...they looked so good but i knew i would hate myself for making me stay on the stair machine for 20 more minutes.

They are good, but not THAT good!
  • dimond1610
    Options
    that used to be my exact problem! i would eat healthy ALL day but then i would blow it on the snacks. i completely understand how it is to turn to food for comfort...thats how i got to where i am now. in literally justone month of overdoing it(and i really mean over doing it) i gained almost 20lbs! all because i was upset and now i have to deal with this extra weight...and trust me it'll take wayyy longer to take it off than to put it back on!