Christmas music is bad for your mental health, British psychologist says?

Options

Replies

• MrSith
    MrSith Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    I love Christmas music....heck I sing it randomly all year long. Also, Psychologist is one of 3 jobs I have. Therefore, I disagree with them.
  • holagatita
    holagatita Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I worked in retail and every xmas season I'd die a little inside
  • lyssamichelle
    lyssamichelle Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    My mental health is already bad. Christmas music bring it joy. The only station playing it is the Christian station. They start on Nov 1.
  • MrSith
    MrSith Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    holagatita wrote: »
    I worked in retail and every xmas season I'd die a little inside

See you associate it with work which is already a negative thing at times.
  • FAAB_too
    FAAB_too Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I saw that article and admit I call b.s.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    There's really only two Christmas albums.

1. Mojo Nixon's Horny Holidays!
    2. everything else

"Baby, I wanna trim yo' tree!"

MI0002774620.jpg?partner=allrovi.com
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    Christmas music is good for the soul

Oh yeah?

Well, tell that to these kids.....

scary-santa-04.jpg
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Been listening for months now. No adverse effects.

Fox and whoever can bite me.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Heard in my house this year from November 1st - January? "Alexa, play Christmas music".

I have to forward past Michael Bublé, Josh Groban, and Pentatonix because they are horrible, but all of the classic songs are great. Rob Thomas's Christmas music is growing on me, but most of the "new" music from the past 30 years is bad...
  • KhadijahOwos
    KhadijahOwos Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm glad this is finally being talked about! I've been avoiding Christmas music as often as possible for many years now and it really isn't having a positive effect on my sanity. :smile:
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,637 Member
    Options
    I generally love Christmas. Love the lights and the music. The memories of Christmases as a child, and the memories I've made with my own. I love the time with family and loved ones and being able to see people receive gifts I've picked out for them. The past few Christmases have been painful, probably the last five, and there are parts of this Christmas that will also bring me deep sorrow, but in general - I do love it. It's also harder when you're struggling with finances and live in a relatively affluent community (the kids instantly compare with their classmates - but even then they are amazingly understanding), but overall... it is still a favorite season.

I am hoping that, in spite of the struggles that I'm currently facing, I'll still be able to embrace all the happy that Christmas used to bring to me and make it come alive for me and my kids.

TLDR: I love the old traditional songs, and some of the newer versions too.