Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Go to Kitchen Tool or Appliance

christinafoulkes
christinafoulkes Posts: 25 Member
The rice cooker died so we purchased a rice cooker with steamer combo. Great for veggies! I try not to use the microwave.

Replies

• rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    That sounds like a great appliance!

For me it's my Nutribullet. I not only make my yummy protein smoothies in it almost daily, but I make sorbets and "ice cream", almond butter, sauces, soup and I make the base for my homemade protein bars with it.
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,571 Member
    Digital scale
    Vitamix
    Santoku knife
    Chef's knife
    Spatula
    Toaster
    Toast tongs
    Microwave
    Colander
    Scissors
    Apple slicer/corer
    Coffee grinder
    Refrigerator - haha
  • gpwalling
    gpwalling Posts: 22 Member
    Gaggia coffee grinder--you can select any grind you want. Excellent machine which gives consistent results.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    scissors. and i have this wok that i'd save from a fire, which is made of stainless steel and over 30 years old.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    8 inch Henckels chef's knife. Kind of expensive for 1 knife, but, to me, well worth the price.
  • purplefizzy
    purplefizzy Posts: 594 Member
    Benriner mandolin, the big one.
    Breville food processor.
    Antique kitchenaid stand mixer- around the holidays this gets used waaaaay more and I'm always super grateful for it.
    Wusthof standard 7" chef knife.
    Massive bamboo chopping blocks I got at Ross 10+ years ago.
    Heavy-duty aluminum foil. (I spent some time in a commercial kitchen. I do everything in mass scale, on sheetpans. I finish almost everything in the oven. And I do not like things soaking. Foil is my easy-clean-up BFF.)
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    A large chef's knife and a spiralizer. I'm all about the zoodles these days.
  • Tennisskater
    Tennisskater Posts: 66 Member
    Grater for veggies
    Zested
    Garlic press
    Paring knife
    Tomato knife
    Serrated seed scooper for squash and melons
  • jaci66
    jaci66 Posts: 139 Member
    My go-to appliances are the stove top and my slow cooker and a knife.
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    A good knife, and also surprisingly, my rice cooker. We use it at least 2-3 times a week, and the rice is perfect every time.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Foreman grill, toaster oven
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Top three are my Instant Pot, Blendtec blender and spiralizer.
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,222 Member
    Ninja bullet blender
    Black & Decker toaster oven (like $30 at Target, parents got a B&D when they got married and it lasted for 25+years)
    A good set of knives

Oddly, we have this one OXO silicone spatula. It's a little small but is great for all kinds of stuff and we use it constantly, haven't happened upon another one like it.
  • JillianRumrill
    JillianRumrill Posts: 335 Member
    edited November 2017
    The digital scale and a bread knife or the santoku.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    edited November 2017
    The electric pressure cooker, hands down.
    And microwave.

also- my huge caldera (along with the clip-on handle I bought for it).
    (also- digital food scale, and the notepad-pen-scissors-tape I use to mark food item weights on containers)
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,326 Member
    My phone---a few taps in an app or a quick call and groceries, recipes, or a delicious meal are on their way! B)
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Cuisinart 14 cup food processor and my Le Creuset 6.75Qt dutch oven. I think 85% of what I cook used one of those two items
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,383 Member
    I love my Kitchenaide mixer! I use it all the time. Food processor gets used quite a bit too. And the slow cooker.
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Food processor for sure.