Anybody following a low carb way of eating?

Options
1235»

Replies

• K3rB3ar89
    K3rB3ar89 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me aswell!
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I will never understand why so many think Atkins is 20 grams/day carb, period. It is...for the first two weeks, called the Induction phase. Then you are supposed to start adding carbs, according to a "ladder" of which types and in what order, until one determines at what amount of carbs per day consumed the individual person (1) loses weight, (2) maintains weight, and (3), gains weight. It is a custom-tailored plan if you follow it through to the end.

Granted, I know Atkins the corporation has changed a lot about the way of eating without even really researching it. But both the 1970s and the early 2000s books detailing the entire process as originally intended, written by Dr. Atkins, still exist and can be borrowed from a library or bought.

Also, those who keep parroting that a person needs 45-65% carbs in their diet? Seriously? I thought we'd moved past that line of US politician written government propaganda, like, years ago...

• ptrcmcc6
    ptrcmcc6 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I understand how Atkins is suppose to work but I've found a lot of people, who follow Atkins, choose not to get out of the "Induction" phase for fear they will no longer be in ketosis. I chose to just skip the induction phase, altogether, and find what amount of carbs I can consume and still lose weight. So far, it's working for me. I'm keeping my carbs to under 60g (net) per day, eating 3 healthy meals a day, along with 2 snacks, I don't have any cravings, and, I'm losing weight...... :)