What is good about exercising in morning

2»

Replies

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    The best thing about it is that you always start your day feeling like you accomplished something.
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    The best thing is that it's done early.

A close second is that I don't have to go to a crowded gym at 430pm...sometimes I hate people
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    My day is not started off right unless I do it at 5:00 a.m. I have energy in the morning where it will decrease greatly later on in the day. I also like the quiet and really do hate people, no offense.

• lizrinaldi
    lizrinaldi Posts: 2 Member
    Its hard to wake up in the morning, but I find that once I get used to the schedule, I LOVE getting it done. It's nice that the first thing I do in the morning is take care of myself. Everything else can wait.
  • NoxeemaJackson
    NoxeemaJackson Posts: 102 Member
    1. It is the ONLY way it gets done. After work, I'm too tired and I don't feel like going anymore.
    2. It evens me out so to speak. It makes me less hungry, which maybe doesn't make sense, but if I work out first thing in the morning, I eat better food and less food throughout the day
    3. I work out before anyone else in the house wakes up - before the kids wake up and start whining, before my husband wakes up and can't find his keys, before my boss puts crazy demands on me. That means, the FIRST thing I did for the day, was something positive, that *I* enjoy - the first thing I did was FOR ME. It just puts me in a nice headspace. If I work out first thing in the morning, that means the FIRST thing I did for the day was to take care OF ME. I like that.
    4. It puts me in a better mood for the rest of the day
    5. It's done and so I don't have to think about it. I used to "try" to work out after work for years. It literally NEVER happened - something ALWAYS got in the way. And then I would feel bad, or guilty, or like a failure. Now, if I miss a morning workout, I know that I won't make it up later that day, but I also know I will be back at it the following day, and I don't worry about it. I'm surprised at how much mental energy I expended worrying about whether or not I would be able to workout after work.

It works for some, not for others, but for me, it's really important.
  • NoxeemaJackson
    NoxeemaJackson Posts: 102 Member
    PS - I see you are not a girl, but if a girl is reading this, just know that if you workout in the morning and don't have time to shower, dry shampoo can work in a pinch
  • mysteps2beauty
    mysteps2beauty Posts: 494 Member
    1) the gym is empty

The world is quiet and less people. Gets your mind alert, thinking and planning for the day.
    I have family to cook for and spend time with in the evening, plus I get ramped up and hard to sleep if I exercise in the evening.

BUT as others have said, whatever time of the day that you will consistently do it, is the best time.
  • ijsantos2005
    ijsantos2005 Posts: 306 Member
    Just do it. It doesn’t matter when.
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    It is really a personal preference. I used to work out early and LOVED it. The gym was empty, did not have to wait, the work out gets done, it is an awesome way to start the day, you get the second success of the day (the first is making your bed....I know, sounds corny, but it is true!).

I now work out at lunch time because I am doing Intermittent Fasting and there is no way on God's green Earth that I can work out fasted (eventhough I am up very early).

I also work in IT so who knows when the poop is gonna hit the fqn. If the training session has happened already then I am good. I turn into a very grumpy old man if I dont go to the gym.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    edited November 2017
    bashore98 wrote: »
    I was going to start exercising in morning daily on treadmill and bench press but I get lazy. What is good about exercising at 5 am

By doing it first thing, I can't "get lazy" and not do it later.
  • PokeyBug
    PokeyBug Posts: 482 Member
    There is nothing good about working out in the morning. Well, for me, anyway. I want to sleep until the last possible minute. Working out in the afternoon is always good, though. For me. You do what makes you happy. If you can get up in the morning and do it, great. If you find that you can't, don't beat yourself up about it. Just do it over lunch or after work.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,305 Member
    If I exercise in the am, my brain isn't engaged enough to find excuses. By the time it is, I'm done.
  • Okiludy
    Okiludy Posts: 558 Member
    Gives me time to be with family after work.

Do what fits your schedule.