• crystalslight
    crystalslight Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    #1-47lbs
    #2-35lbs
    #3-40lbs
    #4-40lbs
    #5-45lbs

With my 1st I ate EVERYTHING and didn't exercise. With my last I ran well into my 3rd trimester. I think my body has a weight it wants to be at when carrying a baby. I got the smallest and in the best shape of my life after I quit BFing #4. It can be done :)
  • mericksmom
    mericksmom Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I lost 10 lbs. I was 170 then right before I gave birth I was 160. Afterwards I got depressed for many reasons and I ballooned I have stayed around 180-210 since then. I have taken charged and started to actually eat and eat correctly.
  • highfiveornot
    Options
    well when i met my boyfriend i gained 20 but then i gained another 30 during my pregnancy but most of it was in the last 3 months :-D
  • xoTLCxo
    xoTLCxo Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    39 lbs.. I was weighing in at 269 lbs they day i delivered.. Hannah weighed 9 lbs 2.2 oz and I lost 34 lbs the days she was born :)
  • janiecorona
    Options
    I gained about 60 lbs. I was 273 the day I had my daughter and she came a month early cause I had preeclampsia, so I wonder how much more I would have been. Basically, I ate junk food, lots of tortilla! and my favorite was eating a whole pack of bacon as a burrito for breakfast, with coffee! Gah, I would so eat that right now, too. But I'm on this healthy living thing. Lol :P
  • lissarv68
    Options
    85 pounds and all the associated health problems that go along with such a large amount. Eclampsia, bed rest, high risk pregnancy. Fortunately our son was born perfectly healthy if a little underweight due to the blood pressure medications I was on.

The reason for the weight gain? Complete lack of self-control and/or will power and I freely admit it. I ate everything I wanted, whenever I wanted and told myself it was perfectly OK because I was pregnant.

Kept the weight on till last December when I finally took a good long look in the mirror and decided that enough was enough. I've lost 55 lbs since but more importantly, I have regained my self-respect and I'm happier.

Lost 9 inches off my hips, I was joking around that between that and the pounds, it was like I had a toddler strapped to my side and decided it was time it started walking on it's own lol.
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I gained about 16 lbs... Granted I only went to my 29 week of pregnancy. My son was 2lbs 11oz when he was born. Now ask me how much I gained AFTER my son was born. I went from 188 post partum to 222 in 18 months. All from eating out for 2-3 meals a day while my son was in the NICU, post partum depression, and meds that I was placed on after my son was born which #1 side effect is increased appetite and or weight gain.

Now that's just sad :( Was your son OK?

He is absolutely perfect!

glad to hear
  • yaddayaddayadda
    yaddayaddayadda Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I gained 60 lbs with my first child, 35 with my second, and 30 with my third. I was 19 when my first was born, so the weight was easier to lose.

I lost most of my weight with each child, but did not get down to my pre-pregnancy weight until my youngest was 10 years old. Its very difficult to have time to exercise when you have young children because you have to take care of them.

When I had my children, there was no internet or MFP. To those of you trying to lose pregnancy weight...

Keep logging in and exercise... it is difficult, but you can do it!!
  • countrydarling1
    countrydarling1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    My first child is from another mother. lol! so that doesnt count.

1st pregnancy i gained 80lbs :0l i was young & healthy weight(20yo) & i had a milkyway a day for the first trimester when i had no clue i was prego, just new i had to have 1. lol! Then i listened to my mom & drank alot ofapple juice, thats a big no no! all that suger, i drank apple juice morning, noon and night! :0l I loved subway!

My second pregnancy i was already morbidly obese (300 lbs). I lost 9 lbs, not on purpose. i had major food advertions! for example i love meat, then all of a sudden i couldnt stand it. everything sounded so gross! my major craving was subways mayonnaise & fresh veggies from subway.
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I gained 30lbs with #1 and 25lbs with #2... worked out like an athlete during both pregnancies... still took 9-10 months to get back down to my pre-preg weight.
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    with my first I gained 19pounds total and she weighed 4pounds 9oz at birth (perfectly healthy just born at 34weeks)

with my second I gained 27pounds total and she weighed 8pounds 9oz at birth she was full term
  • eates
    eates Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    With #1 through 34 weeks, 21 lbs...then I got pre-e and gained 30 lbs in a week
    With #2 through 35 weeks, 23 lbs...then I got pre-e and gained 53 total by 39 weeks
  • wimmerfan
    Options
    I lost 15lbs with both my babies and ate whatever i felt like. then i got hurt and now have gained that back
  • mamathrash2
    mamathrash2 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    22.5 pounds and that was with twins. I actually lost about 8 pounds my first trimester and the doctor, my husband, my mother, everyone was trying to shove food down my throat. I had "morning" sickness ALL day for the first 4 months, felt good for about 6 weeks, and then was sick the rest of my pregnancy. The day I went into labor (5 1/2 weeks early) the doctor told me he wanted me to gain another 20 pounds and I sat in his office and cried!! My boys were born at 34 weeks 4 days gestation at 4 lb 13 oz and 4 lb 9 oz. Can you imagine if I would have gone full term??? I have lost all of the baby weight and now need to get off the weight caused by fertility meds and stress eating!
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    my gain/baby size

#1 25/10.2
    #2 3/8.9
    #3 80/9.15
    #4 20/9.10
    #5 20/9.11
    #6 8 (33 week twins)/5.2 and 5.8

The 3 pound gain I was working full time through my pregnancy and had alot going in my marriage, the 80 was when my marriage fell apart (reconciled later), and the 8 (twins) I was following a low carb high protein diet my midwife had me on and all that protein grew me some supersized preemies. :) The dr's said that they were as healthy as they were because I fed us so well.
  • dmbnj
    dmbnj Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    20lbs with #1, 19lbs with #2
  • dkb228
    dkb228 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I only gained 18 pounds when I was pregnant, but considering I weighed 236 lbs when I got pregnant, 18 lbs was plenty. Lol. I also had horrible morning/noon/night sickness and actually lost 15 lbs during my first trimester. I'm very lucky though, because despite the fact that I was already so overweight, I actually had a very healthy pregnancy. I didn't even had any gestational diabetes which shocked me because there is a history of it on both sides of my family. When I delivered my daughter (September 2010) I weighed 254 and I lost 20 pounds within the first 2 weeks. Unfortunately I had a major set back when 5 weeks post-partum I had to have an emergency cholecystectomy. I was in the hospital for a week and it took me about a month to recover completely. I guess my gallbladder wasn't thrilled with the rapid weight loss. I've been fighting the pounds ever since.

Oh, and my daughter was 7 lbs 1 oz when she was born at 37 weeks 2 days. She is my biggest inspiration for getting healthy.
  • gr8grl68
    gr8grl68 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    40 lbs with #1 (son)
    23 lbs with #2 (son)
    21 lbs with #3 (daughter)

Each of my kids are 11 years apart from one another (26, 15 and 4) . . . andI did lose some weight between each of them, but have gained alot of it back. Plan on losing it and NOT finding it ever again!!! :)
  • ampjorgensen
    ampjorgensen Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    with my first son i weighed 165 starting ended at 166 (not i was VERY VERY SICK and had a blood clot, liver failure and kept NOTHING down and finally got a picc line to feed me) second son they figured out my medication needs and what not but could only keep down horrible foods for me would go through a half gallon of mint chip ice cream a day somedays just to get fluids haha it was bad. so i started at 191 and ended at 136 so 45 pounds