What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• Lucy1752
    Lucy1752 Posts: 499 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    SbetaK wrote: »
    Haha---Went out and photographed bears in a river.

Insanely jealous! I live vicariously through explore.org's bear cam each year from April - October-ish.
  • gradchica27
    gradchica27 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I have another victory today, we found a great little restaurant which serves food exactly suited to the way I prefer to eat. It's a Cajun Catfish place. It's on the way from the park where we run to our home, so we go by it every time on the way back from running, and we have been saying we meant to stop for the longest time. We finally did, and I absolutely stuffed myself for about 500 calories. Memphis food leans heavily towards cheesy, saucy, breaded and fried, as well as carb-heavy sides which don't do me any favors either as a dieter or a diabetic. But while this place has its share of all those things, it also has delicious grilled blackened fish, and several varieties of light prepared vegetables: greens, cabbage, steamed zucchini, white beans, pickled okra, etc. My meal ended up being low carb enough that I splurged on two pieces of garlic bread and my glucose levels were great when I checked them later! So nice to have another healthy alternative to making dinner for myself.

Oooh, thanks for the heads up! I’m in the Memphis area too and not only am I trying to eat healthy...I don’t eat meat! (But do eat fish...not that there’s a ton of awesome fish around). Yay to a new restaurant to try!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!