Smaller Breast With Weight Loss?

Options

Replies

• PJS323
    PJS323 Posts: 115
    Options
    At my best weight I was a 36C. I gained a ton of weight and went up to a 46D. I've now lost 100lbs, and am down to a 38C. They are smaller, but not by what i believe is my natural size. I still want to lose another 40-50 lbs, so who knows where they will be then.
  • bitonech
    bitonech Posts: 31
    Options
    Ya know... I have lost (according to the scale) just two pounds. But I am really attributing the small weight loss to muscle gain because last night I measured myself and compared them to measurements from a few weeks ago and in just those short few weeks I have lost 2" in my chest alone. Which would make a cup size drop (below I will explain how to measure yourself). I am a 36F and really hate having to buy bras just for the washer to eat and ruin them.... it gets aggravating when they are $60 a piece.

Every one is different when it comes to where they lose the weight and at what rate. I always loose it in the boobs and face first before it starts coming off my hips and I have lost 2.5" off the hips. So, I know that I am losing fat and gaining muscle. I expect that after I lose nearly 100 pounds I will probably be a 34C or 34D.... which I can't wait.

MEASURING YOUR BRA SIZE: First put your current bra on, then measure your rib cage at the bra line. This gives you the number in the bra size. Then measure your boobs at the furthest point (while still in a bra), this number will be larger than the first number. Subtract the first number from the second number. This correlates to your proper cup size. You can count the cup sizes for each number you have in difference with the two numbers. A 1" difference is an A cup, 2" B cup, 3" C cup, 4" D cup and so forth.

So, on me I measure a 36 in the bra line and a 42 in the chest (at the fullest part). That is a difference of 6". Thus I am a 36F. And Its that easy. When you go to get measured that's all they are doing. I have went with this method and ordered bras online that fit perfectly.
  • BlueEyedMomma88
    BlueEyedMomma88 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I thought when I lost weight that my breasts would get smaller, but in fact they got.... BIGGER!! The only thing that got smaller was the band size. I was a 42DDD now I'm a 38H. I guess its diff. with every woman.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    At 252 pounds I was a 38/40 D, now at 138 I'm a 32 B/C (depending on the bra).

And oddly enough, I lost a 1/2 shoe size too....
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Saddest. Thread. Ever.
  • Tiggermummy
    Tiggermummy Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I have always been big, lost a lot of weight at end of pubity and gained four cup sizes.
    i have always had to wait for the manufaturers to catch up with me. so I was always going for "best fit"
    I found a 38 L as a breastfeeding bra - and when I got measured after my first daughter was 13 months old
    "best fit" was a 38K although the wire in the middle was still a good inch off my chest.
    I got measured a month ago and I am now wearing a 36J - first time ever smaller bra and the wires are where they are suppsoed to be.
    I've lost about 3.5 inches under my chest and about 1.5 inches off the widest part so far but I have lost much more off my bottom half.
    anything lost from the top will be a blessing having had back problems and sciatica from 21
  • FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    Well, I guess it depends on how large they are in proportion to the rest of your body. I'm currently a DD in American size bras, but when I'm fit I'm only a D . . . which is fine by me. To be clear, though, I have a high hip to waste ratio, so I have that hourglass shape regardless of what I weigh. I would guess if your breast size is more just due to weight, they will probably decrease a good bit.
  • ValMcB
    ValMcB Posts: 44
    Options
    My boobs always seem to go first! And looking forward to it. ;)
  • JDArrant
    JDArrant Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    After months of lurking this is finally the thread that I feel a need to respond to! Go figure.

Anyway, I've spent many hours reading about bra sizing, mostly related to buying nursing bras AND while doing so I discovered that the CUP size is in proportion to BAND size - which is why some of you have lost inches in your chest (band size) but may have gone up on your cup sizing (the space your boob takes up). The overall size of your boob itself hasn't changed as much (but could as others have pointed out).

For example, I was wearing 40D and needed a tighter bra band, did all the measurements and had to try 38DD. Kind of crazy, huh? I was shocked when I figured out that I needed to buy a bigger letter but smaller number, instead I just bought a lot of sports bras...

I know that since starting with MFP I have lost in both measurements - it may be due to decreasing our nursing frequency but also probably related to all those planks I've been doing! Best of luck to all of you on your journey.
  • musica814
    musica814 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    After months of lurking this is finally the thread that I feel a need to respond to! Go figure.

Anyway, I've spent many hours reading about bra sizing, mostly related to buying nursing bras AND while doing so I discovered that the CUP size is in proportion to BAND size - which is why some of you have lost inches in your chest (band size) but may have gone up on your cup sizing (the space your boob takes up). The overall size of your boob itself hasn't changed as much (but could as others have pointed out).

For example, I was wearing 40D and needed a tighter bra band, did all the measurements and had to try 38DD. Kind of crazy, huh? I was shocked when I figured out that I needed to buy a bigger letter but smaller number, instead I just bought a lot of sports bras...

I know that since starting with MFP I have lost in both measurements - it may be due to decreasing our nursing frequency but also probably related to all those planks I've been doing! Best of luck to all of you on your journey.

THIS. Unfortunately not a lot of women know this! They either end up wearing the wrong cup size because they can't imagine getting a "bigger" bra, or they assume their boobs have physically gotten bigger, when they actually haven't. Thanks for posting this!
  • pattycakes726
    pattycakes726 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I was a 44DDD when I started, now after losing 42 lbs, I am a 40 DD. I'm thrilled to see the girls shrinking.
  • trishftwwechanged
    Options
    Not to scare you lol but It seems like since my waist just got smaller from losing weight that my boobs look even bigger then before.

I hope mine eventually get smaller.

The first pic I was 205lbs and the second one I was 187lbs

j666nn.jpg
  • yaddayaddayadda
    yaddayaddayadda Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Yup!
  • fitmom2000
    fitmom2000 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I was a 44DDD, and after losing 65pounds, with probably another 60 to go, I'm a 38DD. I was a C cup by 6th grade, so I think I will always be at least a D and probably a DD, but the band size decrease has been awesome --- I can buy much cuter bras.
  • KristensMom314
    KristensMom314 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one who is looking forward to this! Waiting to lose anything there just yet...
  • kynichol21
    Options
    I wish I had this problem. I was a 38D at 171lbs and they are shrinking so fast. So fast in fact that I am talking about getting a boob job once I hit my final goal. A few years ago when I weighed 120lbs, I wore a 36C and if I get back to 120lbs and am not a 36C I'll pay for them.
  • baderis07
    Options
    I was always a large C cup no matter my weight; the only thing that changed was I went from a 34 to a 36 to a 38. It wasn't until I went over 185lbs that I became a 38 D/DD depending on the bra. I was 234lbs and a 38 small DD/large D. Now I am 210lbs and my D cup bras now fit perfectly (no more spillage yay!) and they are 38 around but they are as tight as they will go so I think I'm now inbetween 36 and 38 - size limbo is the worst; every woman needs a good supportive bra.
  • scubacat
    scubacat Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    At my heaviest of 185 I think I was 40 DD. I've lost 50 pounds since and now weigh 135. My band size has shrunk a few inches as I now wear a 34/36 DD.
  • ShellyLee
    ShellyLee Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    At 185lbs I'm a 38DD. At my lowest weight of 145 (about 2-3years ago) I was a 36DD... yeah no cup changes here, just band size. Once I get to 145-150 again I'm getting a reduction. I'd like to be a nice large C, it's going to be sooo amazing!
  • deja_blu
    deja_blu Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I don't know if anyone mentioned this or not, but after losing so much weight, you may want to talk to your doctor about a breast lift. I am a DDD and I imagine I'll be about a DD after I've lost all the weight I want. I've never had back issues or anything like that but my doctor did recommend a breast lift (since my stomach will not support them anymore, LOL).

Good luck on your weight lost journey!

5499814.png
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!