Oatmeal!

Options
13»

Replies

• harryt678
    harryt678 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I love oatmeal and it's my favorite go to as it's healthy and keeps me full! Many great recommendations on here.... I usually have mine with raisins or mix berries/fruits or even just honey
  • kkpal
    kkpal Posts: 8 Member
    Options
  • youvegotwildtalents
    Options
    During the week
    1 Tbs flaxseed and Chai seeds, 1/3 cup of chopped up dried fruit or frozen berries, 1/2 a teaspoon of brown sugar or cinnamon

Weekends
    1/3 to a 1/2 cup of granola and 1/3 cup dried or frozen fruit
  • bhurley100
    bhurley100 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I usually do raisins. Ran out of raisins and tried apples instead... now I eat it with apples lol
  • crystalewhite
    crystalewhite Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I'm not a sweet oatmeal person either. I just stir in a tablespoon of chia seeds into my old fashioned oats near the end of cooking and then put a half a tablespoon of Kerrygold butter on top.
  • ctabat
    ctabat Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Savory is the way to go...i add ground chicken sundried tomatoes baby spinach mushrooms onions garlic parmesan cheese italian seasoning. I sometimes use all the ingredients listed or part. Its good savory.
  • xxrouguexx
    xxrouguexx Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    A tablespoon of natural peanut butter (such as Teddie brand or Smuckers), and a handful of fruit - I usually do either raisins or blueberries for higher protein & fiber. Lately i've been "converting" Bob's Red Mill Strawberry Apple Granola into oatmeal, by heating a half cup of it in a half cup of unsweetened coconut milk and a small handful of blueberries.
  • cryonic_273
    cryonic_273 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I mix my oatmeal with Skyr - icelandic yoghurt. Its low fat/high protein.
  • draftsman28
    draftsman28 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Over night Oats! Old fashioned oats with plain greek yogurt, milk and protein powder
  • minstine
    minstine Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    With steel cut just brown sugar

With old fashioned rolled peanut butter and chocolate chips. Tastes like a cookie!
  • mrsmjp
    mrsmjp Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I use cinnamon, blueberries, slivered almonds and unsweetened coconut flakes.
  • megpie41
    megpie41 Posts: 164 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I like to add berries. Whatever I have on hand at the time (blueberries, strawberries, blackberries etc). I also add a half a banana if I want extra sweetness. Chopped Walnuts are also very tasty. A splash of milk helps make it not so gummy/thick after its been cooked.
  • runningforthetrain
    runningforthetrain Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Saving for all these yummy recipes!
  • dwilliamca
    dwilliamca Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    timtam163 wrote: »
    I like savory oatmeal! Soy sauce, sriracha, scallions, and a sunny side up egg. And when I want something sweet: peanut butter, chocolate, and berries. :)

I use steel cut oats and make a savory side dish occasionally for dinner using things like mushrooms and onions. It is a nice change from potato, rice, pasta, of which I eat 1/2 cup every night. Steel cut oats are good for breakfast too, but do take longer to cook. I like adding orange juice and orange zest.
  • ChristinaMarieCrone
    Options
    I usually add cinnamon and a mix of flax, chia, and hemp seeds in mine. Then I add whatever fruit happens to be in season. My favorite is thinly sliced frozen banana and some cocoa powder.
  • Trex5009
    Trex5009 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    lol I'm eating oatmeal right now.. my everyday breakfast with a banana on the side. I add 2 Tbs of peanut butter and 1 Tbs of sugar free honey. Just delicious!
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I've been adding some maple syrup and chopped pecans lately, sometimes raisins.
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I've been consuming "porridge" daily since January 2011. Consists of oatmeal, flaxmeal, craisins, walnuts or almonds, and cinnamon. Almond milk on top.
  • Angieve1
    Angieve1 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I put half a banana and some cinnamon in my oatmeal . or Apple sauce and cinnamon also . Any fruit with cinnamon really.

I find oatmeal so good
  • lisamerrison
    lisamerrison Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    crumbled bacon and fried eggs (with runny yolks). Salt & pepper to taste.

That sounds AMAZING!

Sounds disgusting lol. Must be us brits that only have it sweet!