Aloe vera colon cleanse

Options
I've read all the threads about cleanses and how they aren't real and that all they do is make you poop.

Great I thought, I could do with that.

Taken it 4 nights running and zip, nada, nothing.

They don't even make you poop, how *kitten* is that? :D

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I've tried a few "colon cleanse" products to try and get things moving again, they produced zero results :disappointed:
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    Oh my, same here! "Cleansing" teas. They just don't work, until they do, at which point between the backup and the urgency, it's extremely TMI. :(
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    I had issues after surgery (and painkillers) last year--I used prune juice shots (2 oz a day, warmed slightly) and a bit of senna to get things moving.
  • jeaninesteam1
    jeaninesteam1 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Oddly enough, first thing in the morning I drink 32 oz of green tea. Works like a charm..
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    I had to give myself an enema last week (TURBT surgery to resect a few lesions in my bladder). That's really as close as I want to come to any other sort of colon cleanse before I need to worry about colonoscopies. Closer even.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Colonoscopy prep is.... special.

I've had abnormal findings and had to have them annually because of that. Thankfully my last was normal and now I can wait five years like a normal person.
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I have found Dawn to be among the most effective for cleansing. It comes in a variety of scents as well, which might be appreciated by anyone who shares your bathroom.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    You may be sitting on a ticking time bomb. I'll pray for you. :fearful:
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Just did a colonoscopy prep... I can’t imagine that not working for anyone. Not fun.

I've done those a couple of times without even having to have a colonoscopy! Really, really desperate times, called for really desperate measures. Talk about "a burning ring of fire" :weary:
  • ChubbyMcChubface
    ChubbyMcChubface Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Magnesium Citrate is what they give you before having any kind of gastrointestinal surgery to clean everything out. It tastes terrible, but one bottle of that and you'll be cleansed alright. And it's cheap, only a few dollars a bottle.
  • Daddymonte
    Daddymonte Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Don’t know how eye got here....
    But couldn’t stop reading...
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    You may be sitting on a ticking time bomb. I'll pray for you. :fearful:

I feel I need your prayers, thank you o:)

Five nights, still zip.

Save your cash people. Cleanses are crap :D
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    mitch16 wrote: »
    I had issues after surgery (and painkillers) last year--I used prune juice shots (2 oz a day, warmed slightly) and a bit of senna to get things moving.

I can't have prune juice atm. I'm on a very restrictive diet to shrink my liver.
    I'm drinking senna, it's not helping. Too many pain killers, very little fat and fibre.

Wonder if you can buy colonoscopy prep on the internet :*
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Dear heavens just NO
  • jaycete
    jaycete Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    mitch16 wrote: »

I can't have prune juice atm. I'm on a very restrictive diet to shrink my liver.
    I'm drinking senna, it's not helping. Too many pain killers, very little fat and fibre.

Wonder if you can buy colonoscopy prep on the internet :*

I use Dulcolax when I'm on my painkillers and need help. Pelvic floor exercises and gentle movement/walking around also help me. However, I've never gone four days! At the most 2. Maybe you should ask your doctor?