Calling all people in there 40's.

Replies

• warrenlightyear
    warrenlightyear Posts: 18 Member
    edited September 2017
    Will be 41 in November. Three kids still at home with the best wife ever. Looking for some motivational friends myself. Please feel free to add me.
  • I will be 40 next month and I decided enough is enough. I don't want to feel this terrible anymore. Im a mom of a teenager, working part time, married almost 17 years. I've been struggling with my weight since 2000 after the birth of my daughter. I've lost and gained the same 40 lbs too many times to count. I've done WW, Atkins, Macros. They all seem to work short term weight loss. I've decided the best thing for me to focus on so I don't go crazy, is calories in vs out. Try to make better food choices but ultimately not denying myself what I want to have as long as it fits in my calories. I've denied myself food before and it results in binge eating for me. 1 small candy bar is better than a big bag of candy.

I have hypothyroidism and now almost 40 it seems like a struggle just to lose a pound. Yet one bad day of eating I can gain 5. Always looking for more friends & motivation.
  • shanda_panda
    shanda_panda Posts: 27 Member
    I'll be past your cut-off in only 8 more months, so add me now before it's too late
  • curiousgp
    curiousgp Posts: 122 Member
    43 here - I try to be active. I push myself often to get out of my comfort zone in many ways. Active, creative and spiritually.
  • DanyellMcGinnis
    DanyellMcGinnis Posts: 315 Member
    edited November 2017
    Just turned 40 a few weeks ago. No kids. Reached my goal last year in mid-December and have kept it off for 11 months but had a hysterectomy about two weeks ago (for fibroids) and can't exercise yet (I got like 47 calories on the treadmill yesterday, which is paltry for me but all I can do right now). My current struggle is trying to eat less than the 2200 calories a day I was eating before surgery because that will gain me 1-2 pounds a week.
  • ladychris29
    ladychris29 Posts: 4,657 Member
    Turned 47 last month. I've been wheat and sugar-free since June. Those changes alone have helped me lose 40 lbs and end the daily joint pain/headache/self-loathing cycle that tried to keep me from regaining control of my life post-divorce.

Plenty left to achieve on my end but now I'm doing it for myself. No one else to impress. You can do it. MFP can help.
  • avjets
    avjets Posts: 18 Member
    Turned 46 yesterday and ready to go
  • WenWheel
    WenWheel Posts: 25 Member
    I'm 47. You are welcome to add me!
  • Dalia444
    Dalia444 Posts: 512 Member
    I’m 45 and getting dangerously close to my 46th bday..lol... do relate to everything you said. I’m up at 6 am and usually don’t get to bed until after midnight. Yesterday I was testing my son for a biology test he was having today and literally falling asleep between questions .. in my defense it was past 11 pm. I have three kids, 17, 14 and 7 and a demanding full time job followed by a full time job at home.. so completely overwhelmed most days... have always been self motivated and very competitive with my health and fitness but definitely lost some of my steam for the past year and a half. Trying to get some back. Very inspiring too see so many amazing transformations in this group. Def add me... can always use motivation and try to give some back.
  • misti0524
    misti0524 Posts: 8 Member
    You can add me. I'm always up for friends and support
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    In where? Oh THERE! Hey you guy's in there, you are such 40'S !!! Uhg!

Lol, kidding, I'm 43, I've lost 20 lbs since June, and only have about 100 left to go.
  • jocan11112017
    jocan11112017 Posts: 21 Member
    I just turned 47 and new here. Feel free to add me as well
  • mskeyes2
    mskeyes2 Posts: 20 Member
    I'm 42 and also looking for encouragement and support. Please add me too.
  • Kadoober
    Kadoober Posts: 289 Member
    I'll be 44 in a couple of weeks. Wide open diary, feel free to add me :)
  • JennyRATL
    JennyRATL Posts: 199 Member
    Hmmmm, in my old age of 44 I thought I'd already posted in here, but maybe it was another 40s thread...?

Anyway, married working mom of 2 here. Battling the back fat and tummy pooch that is oh so fun. I have an open diary and profile, too, if you'd like to check it out and see if we'd click!
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    43 years old, but since losing weight and becoming a runner I feel about 10 years younger! Feel free to add, let’s all be fabulous in our 40’s!
    hil42uerkd5d.jpeg
    a6t5ebuff2q9.jpeg
  • STLBADGIRL
    STLBADGIRL Posts: 1,693 Member
    I'm in the 40's crowd. Feel free to add me.
  • PLoveElliott
    PLoveElliott Posts: 114 Member
    I turned 40 this year. I slacked a bit in my workouts over the last year due to dealing with a divorce. Now I am kicking myself back into high gear to get back to the fit me I was.
    Feel free to add me!
  • annobrien394
    annobrien394 Posts: 6 Member
    I was 47 in November add me