The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• lilcanadianmommy22
    Options
    Hello. I am a 40yo (don't feel it most days) working, married mother of two. I have not struggled my whole life with my weight, however after the birth of my children I just Spark and MFP to get back into shape. Now I am so busy that I have let my health fall by the wayside. Not a good excuse. I am looking to lose 10 to 15 lbs. I am looking for friends who are very motivated, supportive and ready to rock it (I will do the same). I do so much better when I know someone is fighting the same battle I am. :) Please add me, but if you are ready for a motivation buddy message me and let's hit the ground running BEFORE the holidays. :) I will share my goals and idea's and I hope you do too. We can do this!!
  • dgthom72
    dgthom72 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    You know. *kitten* about 20-something’s partying all night like we used to but they still don’t do it right!! Ha.

It’s great to be back in shape. It takes support to keep it up. I don’t care how old you are. I think if you are here, there is some sort of decision to do it better. You know?
  • CajunTess
    CajunTess Posts: 268 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Welcome new middle-agers. This is not an official group, but you can come to this thread anytime you want to share, ask questions, and just chit-chat with other people in same age group. I've made some wonderful friends through this thread.
  • CILLAJ8
    CILLAJ8 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm 38 (39 in a few months). Down 28 pounds and looking to lose another 50ish, maybe more. I've been logging in daily since August. Feel free to add me.
  • marygraci999
    marygraci999 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    You only as old as ya feel and I feel like Im in my 20s again...
  • Dianardh01
    Dianardh01 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Soon to be 46!!
  • Guru456
    Guru456 Posts: 8 Member
    Options

38 and learning I'm not thirty anymore is rough! Looking for friends to stay motivated.
  • dgthom72
    dgthom72 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    jmannino79 wrote: »
    38 and learning I'm not thirty anymore is rough! Looking for friends to stay motivated.

Haha!!!! Story of all our lives!!!
  • marygraci999
    Options
    How is everyone doing today.. I am getting my day started right by going to my aquafit class at 9:15.. Its like a bootcamp in the water.. Love it!!!
  • marygraci999
    Options
    JerSchmare wrote: »
    Is there a group, or is it just a place to post?

52 and lift heavy.

How much do you lift and how often
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    54 here. Started MFP at about 300 lbs several years ago but am down to 225 now with a goal of 200, so I'm making progress. Having fun as a beginner triathlete (who needs to work on his running).

Like you, I also lost weight at 54 years old and rekindled my interest in running and triathlon. Just beginning my base work for next racing season. Always glad to meet others who share the passion.
  • BrandoCalrissian99
    Options

Happy early birthday @Dianardh01 !!
  • crissya7979
    crissya7979 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'll be 38 in one month and have never worried about my health more than I do now. I'm looking forward to Fabulous 40's!
  • RandJ6280
    RandJ6280 Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    rae1721 wrote: »
    I'm 41 and working my way to a happier, healthier version of my former self!!

Good for you.... You've got his!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    dgthom72 wrote: »
    jmannino79 wrote: »

Haha!!!! Story of all our lives!!!

Just wait until your thirties are in the rear view mirror! Way back there!
  • vanilla_frosting
    vanilla_frosting Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    47 here in good old Oklahoma. I was thirty and fat, forty and fat and didn't want to be fifty and fat. I've lost 26 lbs so far and feeling good!

Have a great Friday and an amazing weekend!
  • juanwilly
    juanwilly Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Am I too old for this group? Over 60 but still young!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    juanwilly wrote: »
    Am I too old for this group? Over 60 but still young!

I'm over 60, too, Juan. They haven't booted me out yet. Welcome!
  • moya_bleh
    moya_bleh Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Day off work and rest day from training - on a Netflix binge watching The Punisher. It's superb!
  • kakaovanilya
    kakaovanilya Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    60 is the middle age, scientists say. We are young!:)