Apple Cider Vinegar

Options
Do you still get the same health benefits from apple cider vinegar if you drink it with juice. I've tried diluting it with water, and doing a water and honey drink with it, but it just tastes horrible. Suggestions.

Also, can you drink it before going to bed instead of throughout the day?

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    If you're going to insist on drinking vinegar, even if it's diluted, immediately after swish with some water, wait for 30 minutes and then brush your teeth. Just like drinking lemon water, that stuff softens and wears away your tooth enamel.

I've never heard of skin benefits? Some people find it helps their reflux, for others it can exacerbate it or even cause it.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    If you're going to insist on drinking vinegar, even if it's diluted, immediately after swish with some water, wait for 30 minutes and then brush your teeth. Just like drinking lemon water, that stuff softens and wears away your tooth enamel.

I've never heard of skin benefits? Some people find it helps their reflux, for others it can exacerbate it or even cause it.

I've heard of people using it for skin care (have not investigated to see if that's woo or not), and in that case I imagine they claim it helps the skin, but they are not claiming that ingesting it does. I wonder if there was a misunderstanding by OP.

Anyway, makes a great salad dressing (with olive oil, especially), a nice addition to greens, and is generally good with pork. If I wanted to try it out for health benefits, I'd work it into my cooking even more regularly and not try to choke it down plain. I've heard of blood sugar benefits, but presumably drinking it with juice would counteract those.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    There is no way to disguise the horrific taste of ACV! I fell for the acv spiel/health benefits too. The only thing i got out of it was a life long aversion to vinegar, i wont even use it in cooking anymore. I have been tainted forever :weary:
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Did you heat the water and honey? My mom used to make that for me when I had a cold and I thought it was tasty and comforting. O
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    My mom suggested mixing ACV with honey and putting it in a jar covered with plastic wrap to keep fruit flies away. (You poke some holes in the plastic wrap with a knife.) I have seen fewer of them around since I tried it. But whether it's the ACV specifically or whether it's vinegar in general, I couldn't tell you.
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    HellYeahItsKriss Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Man... ACV won't catch any of my fruit flies haha... it attracts them to it but they wont drown in it.. so i have to wait for them all to gather at the buffet and then take a spray bottle full of water and spray them all so they can't fly and then squish them with paper towel. LOL