Stay-at-home-moms 2/9-2/15

Options
Good Morning Everyone:flowerforyou:

I have never started this thread, but wanted to keep it going.

I had a bad weekend as usual. Can't seem to get it right on the weekends. I lose weight during th week, but then the weekend I gain it back. So then I have to lose it during th week and I usually do , but then weekend I gain it back. It is a crazy cycle. :grumble: I can't seem to get it right. I am hoping one day I will get it.

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!!!!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone:flowerforyou:

I have never started this thread, but wanted to keep it going.

I had a bad weekend as usual. Can't seem to get it right on the weekends. I lose weight during th week, but then the weekend I gain it back. So then I have to lose it during th week and I usually do , but then weekend I gain it back. It is a crazy cycle. :grumble: I can't seem to get it right. I am hoping one day I will get it.

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I used to gain my back on the weekends too but I have come down on myself pretty hard and told myself I want this really bad.So I am alot stricter on the weekends when I want to cheat or not exercise .I exercise on the weekends and I still watch what I eat and I do enjoy somethings I do want I just watch how much.I am a stay at home mom too and exercise seems near impossible with the girls always needing me for something but I make time.You will find something that works for you just keep at it your doing great.
  • wooch44085
    wooch44085 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I have been doing so good the past couple of weekends - and this weekend - I just all out gorged on cake and stuff I normally wouldn't even want. I don't know why I even put it in my mouth cause it didn't even taste all that good. I am so disappointed in myself. I hate to even look at the scale!!! :mad:

I am not going to let it get me down. I am back to logging in my food and I will exercise today!!! I really want to get toned and fit by the time my hubby comes back home!!! I have to do this!!!! :smile:
  • mrsbuzz
    Options
    thanks, I am hope one day I can tell myself I am worth it. But I seem to be rewarding myself on the weekends with food. Not sure, but trying to figure out why I eat like that.
  • mburris
    Options
    I understand. I went to visit my family this weekend. I busted my diet. I'm just going have to get back on the horse and do better this week.
  • Sara31
    Sara31 Posts: 10
    Options
    I hear ya! It's hard to stay on track...especially for me right now...I am still nursing my son....he is only 5 1/2 weeks old, so I am always hungry. My Doctor told me that I only need an extra 200 calories a day, and I can lose a pound a week safely. It is sooo hard. I am heading up to our cottage this weekend, and that is always a diet busting weekend! Ouch!
  • farmgirlh
    Options
    Good Morning Moms!! I hope you all had a great weekend. It was a rough one here my oldest came down sick on friday so we are off to the doctor today.

For those who have bad weekends.... I know what you mean for a long time the weekends were my enemy too. Instead of working out all week and not on the weekends I take off a weekday or two and then workout on the weekends it helps me to know I am still trying and then I am more careful about what I eat. GOOD LUCK!!

~Heather
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Mommies!

If I weigh myself during the weekend, I'm usually down a bit. But then when I weigh in on Wednesday (my official weigh-in day) I'm usually back up.

DH's birthday is tomorrow so we'll be having cake. He's watching his weight on here with me but he's been doing so well that he wants to just enjoy himself on his b-day. Usually we do a cake here and his mom makes him another one. Instead I'm gonna make 2 small cakes (from 1 box of batter) and we'll have one and take one to his mom and dad's. That way we get to eat cake but we don't have enough cake to eat for 2 weeks and completely throw us off.

It's been a tough weekend for us financially. I went to run to the bank on Saturday and my car battery was dead. DH took it out and we went to an auto store where they charge batteries for free. But it wouldn't hold a charge. So today I have to call the dealer and see if I can get one under my warrenty. I doubt it but we got an extended bumper-to-bumper warrenty so maybe. Then yesterday DH took his car to get inspected and it failed so he had to buy 4 new tires for his car.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I'm back (so to speak)!

Thanks for keeping the threads going, Lyn & Jules!

Lori - I hear you on the stupid cars. :grumble: DH's is making a lovely CLANK CLANK CLANK noise right now. Awesome! Good luck dealing with the b.day cake!

Hello everyone else! i'm trying to be good & not on here as much b/c I actually did accomplish things last week while I was computer-less. Welcome to the newbies!

:heart:
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Hi moms! not much going on here, just wanted to check in with you guys. have a good day! :smile:
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Jules thanks for starting the thread this week. I had an interesting weekend as well. I don't know what my deal was. Saturday I didn't eat enough during the day so after dinner I just binged. And then Sunday I told my DH that I wanted Peanut butter M&Ms Peanut butter Twix and a butterfinger. So what does he do....he goes and buys them. And even worse I ATE THEM!!! Yes all 3!!! The only one that tasted good was the M&Ms everything else was gross...I don't know why I continued to eat them. Then I was so sick...I don't know what possessed me. But I made the choice to eat them and now I have to suffer the consequences. Next time I will know better. Next time I will just have a handful of M&Ms to kill the craving....not 3 candy bars :mad:

Sara is back!!!! YEA we missed you so much!!!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :heart: :heart: :heart: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I too am trying to cut down my time on here. Although everyone is really great and supportive, it's amazing how much time goes by while reading threads and responding to people. I hope you can find a balance.

Lori-sorry to hear about your automobile financial issues. Are you going to make diet soda cake?? I've never made one but I hear it's an excellent way to cut the calories and sugar of a real cake.

Farmgirl-hope your sick one gets better soon!

Welcome newbies!

Today I start my new "job." I will be baby sitting one of my son's classmates before school (7:30-12)and after school (3:30-5). It should be pretty easy considering she is 5 and she and my son can entertain each other. Both of them have "only child" personalities since my son was an only child until last July, and she is an only child until this July. So I'm prepared for arguments and fights and those kind of head strong struggles. I think if we can lay down some rules then everything will go smoothly.
    I need to get some errands run today (pay off my car yippee) and get some groceries. Plus I need to get my workout in and figure out what's for dinner.
    Hope everyone has a great day!
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Lori-sorry to hear about your automobile financial issues. Are you going to make diet soda cake?? I've never made one but I hear it's an excellent way to cut the calories and sugar of a real cake.

Nope, I'm doing a Betty Crocker super unhealthy boxed chocolate cake mix. Hubby wanted the real thing just not too much of it. I've never tried the diet pop cake. Does it have the diet after taste?
  • mrsbuzz
    Options
    I can't seem to get anything done, because I am addicted to the website and internet. I need to do landry, arrr!!!

Anways, I am hoping to stick to my meal list for today. Now we are eating out tonight for dinner and I am hoping not to binge. If we go to wendys I am going to order the grilled chicken sandwith with lettuce only and extra lettuce to I can use the lettuce for the bun and not at the bread. Then I will eat a small fry and a med coke. I will have enough calories to have a small snack later if I choice too. But I have a problem with sticking to it. I will get there and be like forget it I worked out today. so I will get the single classic combo and it and love it, then feel guily about it. I am hoping I can do it this time!!!!!:huh:
  • tazzy
    tazzy Posts: 197
    Options
    For those struggling with weekends change your weigh day to monday morning if you havent been on the scale you arent going to sabotage yourself also 2 days off in a row is too much 1 day off at a time is ample that way you keep in the swing of it try taking wed and sun or tues and sat. Perhaps you need to allow more naughty stuff in smallers amounts on a daily basis the weekend is not a free pass to eat whatever tastes good and sit on backsides and chill. That is what I yell at myself try and figure out what triggers you to overeat? If you want cake tell yourself after I have been for a long brisk walk I can have a small slice of cake. I used to struggle at the weekends but now I make a plan and stick to it If I dont do the work then the scales will show on mon morning. In summer I love to go roller blading with my son great exercise and fits nicely with family. That said I am feeling better today and managed to get my workout done including an extra 6 mins gonna work on increasing that again next week to a total of 42 mins intensive cardio plus shred level 2 next week and walking the dogs an hour brisk pace up hills.

Making a wedding cake this week so kids are living on easy food and same for me tonight I will have tuna steak oven baked with lemon juice and black pepper with a cup of brown rice and a plate of vegetables. Kids having homemade chicken nuggets (pre made and frozen) with oven fries.

Got a couple of squares of dark choc to have later my way of dealing with those sweet cake smells.

hope all have a gr8 week.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm back at it after taking a few days off. I just felt tired and run down, like I really needed a break.
    Have a great Monday everyone!
  • lenece
    lenece Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Hi Mommies!!!
    Well I went n had my biopsy done today for cervical cancer n wont get the results for a week or two..It was very painfull n scarey the things the doctor was telling me..I really did not like this doctor I have never met a doctor with such a poor bed side manner..Let me tell you I have never been made to feel so low in my life..Not only did I cry from the pain but I cried:cry: from how the doctor treated me..It was a really bad appt and I never want to go back to her but I have too...I dont know what the results are going to be but I am trying to stay positive..The doctor today said it was bad when she could see a lesian* without putting any dye on it..So she says thats not really good..I dont know, I just know I wanted to come back home n crawl under a rock..:cry:
    As far as my weight loss I'm still stuck I havent gained or lost just stuck but right now I'm so stressed I dont know if I'm coming or going..I was so stressed out I bought a six pack of beer but then gave it to my friends hubby lol...Then I thought bout asking the MY doctor not the nut I seen today, if I could be put back on xanax cuz I feel like I'm losing my mind..:noway:
    Also after hearing the doctor today I finally realized that I turely do :heart: my bf..I know that sounds dumb, but I have said "I love you" to him several times but today it really hit me today for some reason..Maybe I am losing my mind, wish I was losing the weight instead..:laugh:
    My kids are doing good..Getting big and getting tired of being stuck in the hous..We are so ready to get out of this house and enjoy some fresh air..Well I hope everyone is doing well and getting along ok..Sorry I rambled on but I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooo stressed..Need a break of some sort..NO BAD news for one...
  • farmgirlh
    Options
    Hello Ladies~ Today was a rough day. I didn't workout since it is my re-coop day and I was hungry all day long. It was just one of those days. Tomorrow will be better!!!

Lenece~ good luck and I hope everything comes back good

drevans~ Thanks!!

loreeb~ the diet soda cake is great I made one for superbowl. I made it into cupcakes and served it with coolwhip free and fresh berries it was a great treat. I used a can of diet sierra mist and a betty crocker vanilla cake mix. Though I am making "real" cake later this week for the kids birthdays and school parties.

Mrsbuzz~ you don't have to deprive yourself of things that you want. just eat them in smaller amounts. If I have to go through the drive through I get a kids meal instead. When I decided to lose the weight I decided that I was still going to eat the foods that I liked and so far so good. Good luck to you!!
  • cloverluv
    cloverluv Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Alright...today came the Girl Scout Cookies

Need I say more?:explode:
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Well I hope you get some good news .I will keep you in my prayers.And I am so sorry to hear about your doctor being so rude.
  • wildesca
    Options
    Big love affair with the fast food? Hard to break the habit but really necessary if you want to lose. Carry a cooler or lunch bag in the car with veggies in it and snack on a few sticks of them when fighting an urge. Also weekend mornings make up a really nice finger snack tray of the same to nibble at at home. Put time and effort into making it look good and you will find it easier to grab a bite of it than to do many other not so good things. Also if you must be bad, schedule a bit of excercise to help with the extra calories. Schedule it and do it even if you aren't tempted to be bad. Can be a life saver or a big weight loss bonus if you dont end up using the calories after all.